Chapter 18

Jake's POV

Lance was still asleep. He must have been so tired. After everything he did last night, I can understand why. I had woken up just a little bit ago. The time was 5 am, and everyone else was still asleep. I was looking at all of Lance's stuff when I saw something on his shelf, and it brought back some memories of the Spring formal.

***Flashback Time***

After I tackled Lance and we made up, we spent the afternoon together, and I dont know why I ever felt like he would leave me. The reason I ignored him was that I thought he would leave me for a girl, and so I decided I wanted to tell him that. In a proposal, for the Spring Formal. I had to do it right, so I went to school early in the morning with his siblings and got paper from the library.

Maryse and Taylor worked on little designs around the edges while Izzy painted in the letters after I outlined them. When we were finished, we went to the Commons and waited for Izzy to bring Lance.

When he got there and saw his other siblings, he started to ask questions, so I puled the string next to me and released the poster. It read, Spring Formal is just a few days away, so let us make it official. Come to the dance with me, and Ill make sure your night is special. I had a blue rose in my hand because Lance hates red roses, and he likes things that are odd. He started smiling and covered his face to hide his blush. I walked up to him and offered him the rose. "Yes," he said smiling and laughing a little. He took the rose and sniffed it before jumping into my arms. Everyone clapped, but I also heard some people scoff at us and stuff. I couldn't wait for the Spring Formal this Saturday.

***End Flashback***

We were so happy at that moment, and we are still that happy. However, we had no clue that the Spring formal was not gonna go the way it did.

Lance's POV

I woke up and saw Jake at my shelf holding something very special to the both of us, and I knew what he was thinking about. The Spring Formal.

***Flashback Time***

Jake and I were at the Spring formal. We were having a blast dancing and all that. However, I saw Ulyssa glaring at us sometimes throughout the night. she also had an evil grin sometimes. Then, near the end of the dance, the vice principal stepped onto the stage. "Attention students, now is the time, votes are in and we are here to announce the Queen of the dance. You dance committee leaders calculated the votes and have wrote the name of your queen on a piece of paper. They then placed it inside this envelope, so I don't even know who it is. So, drumroll please," VP Lane said as the drummer started to drumroll for her, "And your Spring Formal Queen is........" She opened the envelope and looked at the name. Her face fell as though she realized something terrible must be at play. I also saw Ulyssa looking at the stage giggling. "Um your Queen is ," VP Lane said, "Lance Chace."

Everything was silent. I finally understood why Ulyssa was always glancing over at us and having an evil smile. She rigged the voting somehow to make it where I would be voted Queen as payback for what Jake did to her boyfriend. "Lance Chace," VP Lane said looking over the audience. Everyone turned and looked at me, and then this spotlight shined on me. Jake tried to hold my hand tighter, but I decided to not let Ulyssa win. I took a deep breath and held my head high as I let go of Jake's hand and walked towards the stage. I mean, technically, I could be a Queen tonight if I wanted, but I didn't. So, I'll be a Queen in a different way.

I walked up to the stage and they gave me a crown, sash, and bouquet. Then, VP Lane gestured at the mic. I guess I have to talk, so I stepped up to the mic and looked over the crowd before saying, "So obviously someone tried to do this as a way to get back at me and my boyfriend, but you can't hurt us. I may have been the shy, nerdy outcast that got picked on and bullied by the jocks, but I am a changed man. So, I accept this crown because you obviously think of me so much that I am basically the queen of your thoughts, so joke's on you." I then held out my arm and pretended to 'drop the mic'. Then everyone applauded and I went back to Jake and kissed him in front of everyone. The night may have not gone as planned, but I wouldn't go back and change a thing about it.

***End Flashback***

"That was a fun night," Jake said, pointing to the picture of us after I was crowned. "Yeah," I said. Jake sat the picture back on the shelf next to the crown and scepter. He walked over and crawled onto the bed. He crawled on top of me and started kissing me. Everything else was melting away, and I started to get lost in the rhythm of our lips moving together in sync. Then, the door swung open.

It was Taylor. "Um, Jake, your parents are here," Taylor said before walking away. This fear appeared in Jake's eyes that I've never seen before. "Why are they here?" He asked, " They've haven't spoken to each other since...." "Since what?" I asked. "Since my brother committed suicide," Jake said. This news shocked me. Jake hasn't talked to me about his family except for the day his dad showed up here and slapped him then apologized and said he accepted that Jake was gay. This mention of a brother made me realize that I don't know as much as i thought I did about Jake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE IS HERE! Yes!!! I submitted the first seventeen chapters of this book to a publishing company, and one of their junior editors asked if I could lengthen the story more to reach 20,000 words because what I submitted was too short to be taken into review and put before their board of editors, so I'm working on writing more for this book so it can be longer and I can be published. So wish me luck lovelies. Love you.