Ch. 18

"Nande nande?!" Yuki suddenly burst out to Hiyori as she flopped down on a seat nearby next to her.

"Huh? Why are you so excited, Yuki-chan?" Hiyori asked with a frown as if her best friend had sprouted horns on her head.

Yuki grinned at Hiyori from ear to ear.

"What? You're creeping me out..." She turned away but Yuki stood up and faced her.

"So I've heard..." Yuki started, flashing her a big grin.

"Heard...what?" Hiyori blushed. She knew what best friend's talking about.

"You know...about you and KENICHI..." Yuki lowered her voice for Hiyori's ear only.

Hiyori's face reddened even more, unable to say anything.

"Um...actually...we're not yet officially...I mean, I...don't remember accepting his courtship...I don't think he's courting me..." She stuttered, fidgeting.

"Hehe. Why don't you ask him for yourself. He's coming..." Yuki said while looking behind Hiyori.

Don't tell me..., but before she could finish her thought Kenichi stood next to her desk.

"Ask me what?" Kenichi asked Yuki but his gazed was on Hiyori who was still fidgeting in her seat.

"You ask her, Fujiro-kun...hehe..." Yuki said wickedly as she placed her chin on her hands with a cocky look at Hiyori.

"Ask me what, love?" Kenichi leaned down, his breath fanning against her ear, sending chills down to her spine.

"Kyaaaa~" Hiyori suddenly stood up from her chair and then ran out of the room.

"What happened to her?" One of their classmate asked while Kenichi and Yuki stared at the door where Hiyori run through.

"What the heck was that?!" exclaimed Kenichi in annoyance.

"Who knows?" Yuki shrugged. "Maybe you really need to talk to her. By the way...are you guys...you know..." She gestured her index fingers together, indicating if they're already an item.

Kenichi looked at her before saying...

Meanwhile...

Hiyori suddenly run out of the room without a particular reason. She was so surprised about how close he was to her.

She could say that she's really not yet used to being close to Kenichi since they're starting to go out this second time around. Well, sort of. If you count it as a courtship or maybe we are already an item, Hiyori thought to herself as she run.

Hiyori stopped running until she reached the end of the hallway. She panted, gasping for air.

"That was really close..." She muttered under her breath before straightening up herself.

"Why did you just run away from me?"

Hiyori froze then turned to see Kenichi glaring at her.

"I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I mean...I was..." She stuttered.

"Geez...you're so hopeless, love..." Kenichi walked towards her and pulled her to him.

Hiyori gasped as her cheek touched his chest.

"Please don't do that again. I feel as if I have a virus or something..." He said softly.

"I'm sorry..." She replied softly, clutching the shirt at his back.

He hugged her tightly. "Say...are we already dating?"

Hiyori looked up from his chest and her eyes widened at him.