Ch. 7

Kenichi watched Hiyori's face as she shut her eyes close. A smirk formed on his lips as he leaned down and kissed her.....

on her forehead.

Hiyori's eyes opened and blushed in embarrassment, looking away from him.

"I'm going..." Hiyori said after a few minutes of silence. She quickly took her things from the table.

"Wait, we haven't finished your homework and you haven't even touch your food yet. Stay for a while..." Kenichi grab a hold of her wrist but she quickly pulled her hand away as if she was burned.

"I'll just finish this at home. Thanks for the help...tell your mom I'm sorry for not eating the food," She said without looking at him and ran out to the door, leaving him in his room, dumbstruck.

"Darn it. What did you get yourself into, Kenichi?" He cursed at himself.

--------------

The next day came...

"Hey, Fujiro!" Kenichi's elementary friend and classmate, Kentaro Jin, shoulder-hugged him as he walked through the hallway of their school building. "How about joining the basketball team? We're recruiting new members this afternoon." Jin explained it to him.

"Dude, maybe not this time. You know about my right leg right?" Kenichi replied as they walked on.

Jin let go of his shoulder and stopped walking. Kenichi did the same. "Come on, man! I know that its completely healed. Your mom told me last night when I called you and I asked her if you could join. She said its okay!"

"I don't know, Kentaro. I'll think about it first." Kenichi said and was about to walk away when...

Jin gave him a mischievous smile. "You know what. Forget about it. I'll find someone else. Besides, you don't want to see HER to be in the team..." He said, emphasizing on the word "her" to Kenichi while walking away.

Kenichi grab Jin's arm. "Wait. What do you mean by her?" He asked curiously.

"You know...Kyoko-chan," Jin replied with a grin on his face.

Kenichi's jaw worked. "How did you get her into the team?"

"Simple. I asked her this morning if she could be our manager. Last year the boys basketball team's manager quit because she can't take the teasing of the guys," Jin said with a laugh. "Lame reason right?" He shook his head disbelievingly.

"I'll join," Kenichi suddenly said without a second thought.

Jin's smile widened. "I knew you'd join us! You won't regret this," he said as he gave Kenichi a bro-hug.

"Let's go...We'll meet the team..." Jin said as they both walk towards the school gym.

----------------

A/N:

Sorry guys for the late UPDATE.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading and not feel bored. Haha!

Love you guys! Goodnight! :)) and Thanks for reading! :))

Credits to Creyziness for editing this story. Love yah!