Ch. 14

Flashback continues...

"Kiss me..." Kenichi couldn't believe what he just heard. Even at a young age, he knew what she meant.

"You're joking right?" He hesitated, looking somewhere but her.

She looked up from her knees with tears on her eyes. "D-do you t-think I'm joking?" Her voice cracked, her hands reached his face and stayed there, making him look at her.

"But...It's..." He stopped as Hiyori's finger touched his lips, silencing him.

"Pl-ease..." She whispered softly. She don't know what came into her mind but she's curious of what it would feel like to be kissed...

She's thinking about it because of mere curiosity and because of her friends: even at the age of 11-13 they've been talking about kissing someone they like, or rather their boyfriends...

"Alright...but I might take responsibility because...it's your first kiss, right?" He hesitated, looking at her small lips.

She blushed then nodded.

"Okay, close your eyes..." He ordered softly and she did what she was told.

Kenichi leaned down and his lips touched hers lightly but that was just it.

Hiyori's eyes snapped open and she suddenly hugged him, saying, "Thank you..."

Kenichi hugs her back, breathing her flowery scent that he was addicted to.

"I like you..." He whispered softly only to himself but she heard him clearly. She was surprised at first, her heart bursting in happiness and then she hugged him tightly with a smile on her lips.

"I like you too, Ichi-kun..." She replied back softly, surprising him. His eyes widened.

Did I just hear it right?, Kenichi asked himself. His heart raced.

"I like you..." She repeated as if she could read his mind.

Kenichi pulled away slowly from her and stared at her with a dumbstruck on his face.

Hiyori's face reddened, looking away from him.

Kenichi smiled softly at her and then without saying anything, he stole a kiss on her lips.

"I'll take that you're my girlfriend now..."

She quickly looked at him with wide

eyes. "Ohmigod..." She gasped.

I didn't expect this to happen so fast...

---

It happened too fast. They've become a couple since that day, for nearly 4 years.

Everything seemed perfect for Hiyori until one day...

"Sorry, Ai," Kenichi said with a hurtful look in his eyes while he hold her face in his hands. "Ai" is what he calls her, the meaning of "Love" in english.

"I'm sorry, Ai, for leaving you like this..." He reached for her and hugged her tightly as if there's no tomorrow.

Tears started to flow from Hiyori's eyes. "B-but wh-why?" Her voice cracked as she sobbed.

"I have to..." I need to have a surgery for my leg because of my injury..., he thought of saying but stopped himself.

"Kenichi-kun! We have to go! The taxi's waiting!" His mom interrupted him.

"Matte! I'm coming!" Then Kenichi turned back to Hiyori. "I'm sorry, Yori...Ai shi teru..." And with that last sentence, he left without another word.

(Ai shi teru = I love you)

Hiyori cried her heart's out.

"Hiyori-chan..." Hiyori's mom pulled her into a hug, stroking her hair.

---

A/N:

Sorry guys it took me a long time to post this. Credits to @Creyziness for editing this. Thanks muffi! :*