Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Kate Carswell

On behalf of the university of California, we are pleased to inform you that we have reconsidered your submition. You have very much qualified to attend UCLA. We hope to see you this semester.

University of California, Los Angeles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned away from my laptop, I was absolutely stunned.

Just a few months ago when they had sent me a letter telling me that I had not made it into the school. I had shed many tears on that day.

I didn't know what to feel.

As much as I do want to go there and persue my life long dream of being an architect, there are so many things I would be leaving behind.

I quickly dialled my moms number into my phone.

"Hello?" Asked my mom on the other side.

"Hey mom" I replied.

"Oh hi , what's the problem"

"You won't believe it but UCLA just send me a letter and I've been accepted." she cut me off.

"Oh, I didn't know you had that in you. You should go, we will pay for your tuition" she said.

"I don't know if I should go"

"What are you talking about, this is a great opportunity" she pressed on.

"I need some time first" I replied.

"You have 2 months to figure this out" mom said.

"I know, I have to go now, I will talk to you later. " I hung up.

I sat down on my bed and held my head in my hands. I sighed, too many thoughts in my head right now.

I couldn't call Mitch right now cuz I know he's busy.

So after half an hour or so, I crawled into bed and tried to sleep.

I turned and tumbled, I couldn't sleep a blink. I kept checking the clock. 12 it read, than 1 than 2. I lay there motionless.

It wasn't until 3 that I finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have to go!" Mitch said over the phone.

"What if I don't wanna" I said back

"We both know that this is the best thing for you to do" Mitch replied calmly.

"I don't know."

"Do it please, for me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 months have past, Mitch had convinced me to go to California.

We were currently in the car, Mitch driving me to the airport. The traffic was terrible and there was only one hour I until my flight took off.

"Mitch time?" I asked.

"God damnit!!" He yelled banging on the steering wheel. "We are going to freaking miss this flight"

"It's okay, we will make it" I laugh at Mitch's raging state.

About half an hour later he arrived at the airport. We started sprinting down the terminals, trying to find section D, flight Canada (trust me the Canadian airports are the most confusing things ever) we finally found it and Mitch couldn't go into the boarding area with me.

He engulfed me in a huge hug.

"You don't understand how much I'm going to miss you" he said.

I couldn't reply because I was choking on my tears.

"Promise me you'll always be my big booty bitch" I choked out.

"You know I will"

When we finally pulled away, we both had tears in hour eyes.

"Goodbye Mitch" I said and walked into the boarding area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A start of a new life, I thought to myself as the plane took off.

Between a crying baby and an old man, I closed my eyes and thought of all the amazing things I could do in sun shining California.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Tell me how u think of the story so far, I promise it's only getting to the good part ;)

Remember to vote, comment and add to library

Luv u all!! Xox kisses from Canada