Chapter 5

It was a cold December day.

It was Christmas holidays so classes were on break for a 2 weeks.

The sky already turning dark even though the clock read 5pm. I missed the old Quebec weather, the cold snowflakes falling from the sky. They tickle your nose, the snowmen, the skiing. Here in Cali, there's none of that. The closest we come is a few flurries.

I was just finishing my shift at Starbucks, I glanced at the clock. 30 minutes left until I'm free to go. I sigh, tapping the counter with my fingers. I loved working here for the first couple of weeks but now I've gotten sick of it.

It had been a busy day, I waited, took orders, made coffee. But then while the last five minutes of my shift I saw someone in the crowd of people coming in that made my heart stop.

I stared just for a second, he turned his head making eye contact for a millisecond. A look of confusion and recall washed over his face.

I quickly ducked my head hoping he wouldn't see me. It was my last couple minutes anyways, I quickly changed into some leggings, a comfy sweater and a beanie.

I raced out of the store hoping to loose him.

Just when I thought I had made it away unnoticed I hear someone yell my name.

"Kate!" Mitch yelled.

I pretended like I didn't hear and kept walking.

"Kate!" He yelled again but this time I felt someone grab my wrist and swung me around. "My god, is that really you?"

"Mitch" I greeted giving him a cold look.

"Oh god you've changed." He said still in awe.

He tried to pull me in for a hug, I pulled away.

"Yea, I don't do that." I responded.

"Well okay... how have you been, fill me in!" Mitch said.

"You didn't care for the last year why would u now?" I reply coldly.

"Listen, I was super bus--"

"No, I don't need your excuses. Let's just move on and pretend we never saw each other." I cut him off.

"I'm sor--" he started.

"No your not, if u were, u would of replied to my messages in the first place."

I walked away before he could say anything else. I got into my car and drove, I took one last glance at the rear view mirror and saw Mitch sitting on the curb with his head in his hand.

What was he doing in Cali anyways? Well I guess he travels a lot now that he's YouTube famous.

I return to my rented condo, I find myself a bag of chips and plop down on the couch. I pull my laptop onto my lap and emidietly my fingers type YouTube.com. I can't help but type bajancanadian onto the search.

I watch a few of his videos and realize he's in Cali because that is where team crafted is meeting for their tour their going on in a couple weeks.

'Well', I thought to myself. 'Atleast he'll be gone in a couple weeks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning feeling terrible. I looked out the window to see the sky dark and completely pouring. The weather in Cali was great in the summer but absolutely terrible in the winter.

'I miss the snow' I thought to myself.

I thought back to the cold Montreal winters. But those days are dead and gone.

I pulled on some regular clothing for work. As I drove there, I prayed Mitch wouldn't return.

As I walked in, I got a sense that something was different by the look all the employes were giving me. My manager pulled me aside.

"Um unfortunately, you have been fired. Due to our lack of customers and overfilling amount of employes I'm afraid to say that you cannot work here anymore" he's said.

I stood there in shock "No this can't be happening..." I mumbled to myself.

I burst out of the shop. I refused to let the tears fall from my face. I walked and just kept walking, I didn't know where I was going and how long I walked for. I was completely soaked but I really didn't care. My grades are dropping, im slowly going homeless, im no good.

Just then a car drove down the empty streets and stopped beside me and opened the window...

___________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS lol if ur enjoying this fanfic remember to leave a vote, add, and comment!!

Let's say 100 reads for the next chapter??

Ily all for reading<3 xoxox -Anna

Ma YouTube---> www.youtube.com/ananisabanana4life