Chapter 2: Party Time

We get to the party fashionably late and when I get out of Owen's truck I immediately hear whistles. I hear Owen grumble something but it's to loud to tell what he said.

We walk inside with Owen's arm slung around my shoulder and I accidentally walk straight into someone.

" Oh sorry I didn't mean to-"

I look up to see Brooke's.

" I see you two made it. "

He smirks then his eyes slowly travel down my body.

" Nice dress by the way it looks even sexier on you then I thought it would. "

" Just to be clear I like the dress not you. "

" What ever helps you sleep at night babe. "

He winks at me.

" Don't let him get to you. "

Owen whispers to me.

" I'm going to get a drink you want anything? "

I ask Owen pretending Brooke's isn't there.

" Nah I'm good but I will be in the back yard, I heard there's a pool and you know what that means. "

He winks and I laugh shaking my head. It means bikini's if you weren't catching on. He walks off and I go to head for the kitchen but Brooke's stops me.

" You know I haven't heard from you all month we never really talked about what happened. "

I scoff.

" What happened is you slept with the school whore while we were dating. That's pretty simple to me no need to discuss thing. "

" I never meant for it to happen Riley I really do love you, I was drunk and stupid. "

" You're stupid without being drunk. "

" Please just give me another chance, I miss you. "

I can feel my guard go down and my eyes soften as his eyes bore into mine.

" One more? "

I finally ask.

" Yes one more and I promise I won't mess it up. "

He tells me taking my hand in his. I sigh, I've spent years building up my walls and yet he can break them down so easily.

" Okay....but this is your last shot. "

I tell him and he smiles.

---------------
Owen's P.O.V

I watch from a far as that asshole Brooke's smiles at Riley like he always does when he gets his way. He's the definition of a player yet she lets him back into her life? I just don't understand women! I mean f a guy treats you right all the time you find no interest in dating him but if a jerk off comes along who changes girls more then underwear he's the man of your dreams!

Suddenly I feel the glass cup in my hand shatter. Won't be the first time I killed a glass cup. After all I am a werewolf, Riley is one of the very few humans to know about the super natural world.

I look at her smiling at that idiot and I can't help but want to murder the asshole. She's wasting her beauty on him when she could be talking to a guy that won't treat her like shit.

Okay so maybe I kind of like her as more then a friend but can you blame me? She's not only smoking hot but she has a great personality, is always happy and isn't a heartless bitch like most attractive girls.

I know she won't ever feel the same, to her I'm just the best friend but as long as I'm in her life I don't care what I am to her. I just want her to be happy.