Chapter 19: Cuts

Riley's P.O.V

So maybe I went a little over board with this beach house but it's the last time I can spend time with my best friend and I want it to be perfect. I still can't believe a friendship like ours is ending over one thing but I guess only wolves understand.

" So what do you wanna do first?"

I ask Owen.

" The beach doesn't look that crowded want to go out there? "

" Okay let my swim suit is down stairs I'm going to just change down there and remember to close the curtains so you don't flash the elderly. "

I tell him.

"Nah I would much rather flash you instead. "

I roll my eyes and walk out of the room.

~

" Yay the beach! "

I yell twirling around when we step foot in the sand.

" There's more people then I thought. "

Owen grumbles.

" Come on have fun no grumpy cat! This is our last trip enjoy it or I will make this last trip your last breath! "

" It's hard to take you serious when you're in that. "

He says smirking at my panda bear t-shirt.

" I just wore it over my bathing suit besides its adorable! "

I argue.

" What ever you say. "

I glare at him and take my panda shirt off and fling it at him and laugh at his shocked face.

" That's what you get you grumpy old man! "

" This means war. "

He smirks.

" You won't do nothing! "

I say smiling and he lunges towards me, I laugh and take off running with him chasing me. I'm barely ahead of him when I trip on some kids shovel and I'm about to fall but he wraps his arm around my waist to catch me.

"Fancy seeing you here. "

I say innocently.

" Payback time. "

He smirks and throws me over his shoulder.

" Let me go you grumpy cat! "

I say kicking.

" Better hold your nose. "

" Hold my? Oh shit. "

He throws me into the water and I go under the waves pushing me hard into the sea floor but I manage to come back up.

" You annoying prick! "

I yell at him laughing as an old couple gives me a scolding look. I walk back up to Owen who is still smirking winningly and I shake my head laughing but then suddenly his face turns stern and serious.

" You're hurt. "

He says looking at my knee. My knee did hurt and burn when I came up but I paid no attention until now, I look down and see my knee is cut up and bleeding probably due to the sharp sea shells at the bottom.

" It's okay it's not that bad. "

I tell him but he still looks concerned.

" They probably have a first aid kit where the life guard is come on. "

He says and before I can respond he picks me up bridal style to carry me there.

" My knee is cut up not broken. "

" Just being safe. "

He says shrugging his shoulders.