Chapter 34: I know we Can't

Owen's P.O.V

I finally manage to get Riley into the house but she refuses to sleep for reasons unknown.

" I wanna dance! "

She cheers laughing.

" I think you've done enough dancing for this month. "

I say and she pouts making me laugh.

" You're just jealous I wasn't dancing with you. "

" What? "

" Just admit you wanted to be that guy, I saw you watching me. "

She says smiling and catching me off guard.

" Just put your night clothes on. "

I grumble.

She giggles again and stumbles over to change into her clothes. She manages to get her shirt off in ten ministers after getting her head stuck in the arm hole twice, I see a glimpse of her from behind in her bra and suddenly I have a flashback of some sort.

" You're so beautiful "

I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion where is this memory from? Suddenly I'm hit with a memory of me and Riley kissing. What the hell is happening? Is she making me go insane?

" Owennnn I need help. "

I hear Riley whine making me come out of my thoughts. I look over to her to see she's fallen on the floor with her jeans half way off. I laugh walking over to her.

" What exactly are you doing? "

" My jeans are tight and it's to much work to pull them off. "

She whines frustrated and I notice she's a little bit more somber then before. I shake my head laughing as I pull her jeans off and hand her, her shorts to sleep in.

" Do you really think I'm beautiful? "

She suddenly ask.

" What? "

" You told me I was beautiful that time you kissed me but you were as drunk as I am so I never knew if it was true. "

She catches,e off guard as I realize what I saw moment ago was a drunk, hazy memory but I know she's not drunk right now and that's why I'm confused. It took us a while to get back so the alcohol should be early gone and she's not acting like her usual drunk happy self, she's acting frustrated which is how she acts after she turns somber.

" Yeah, I do but you know you're beautiful so why ask me? "

I ask bravely. She surprisingly doesn't get up from the floor, she just sighs and leans her head on the wall.

" You're the most important person to me, I always want to know what you think. "

I nod and take her hands pulling her up and helping her to the bed just in case she's still slightly drunk.

" Plus I might have a little thing for you. "

She says giving me a small smile making my mouth fall open.

" I- we- I mean you and me we can't- "

I stutter to find the words and she laughs at this biting her lip. She reaches her hand out and cups my face as I stare at her waiting for her to say something but she doesn't say a word as her eyes go back and fourth from my eyes to my mouth.

" It's okay I know we can't. "

She tells me in a whisper, she leans in and for a moment I think she's going to give me an actual kiss but she just kisses me on the cheek and then lays back down giving me a small, sad smile and turns over with her back facing me to go to sleep.