Chapter 10: Daddy Dearist

Owen's P.O.V

I walk out of the bathroom fully dressed only a few minutes after Riley and I already hear the ice cream maker buzzing. I walk into the kitchen and see Riley zoned out with sad eyes. I go up to her and wrap my arms around her waist and put my chin on her shoulder.

" I'm sorry. "

I tell her.

" What are you sorry for? You haven't done anything? "

" I brought up Brooke's. "

She sighs.

" It's alright Owen it's just a touchy subject for me. "

A few minutes of silence pass by and I decide to be the first to speak.

" So I see you are doing your end of the deal. "

I say and she smiles.

" Well I figured since you actually bathed in water that isn't from a lake you deserved some ice cream. "

" Pffftt bathing is over rated I'm just going to get dirty again so why bathe? "

" Oh I don't know so you don't smell like a pigs ass? "

We both look at each other for a minute then burst into laughter. Riley's still laughing but all my happiness fades as soon as I look up and see my dad standing in the doorway. Riley still continues laughing not seeming to notice him but after a minute or two she catches on and looks up to see him looking at her with a scowl on his face.

My dads always been a serious man, maybe it's because he's the Alpha or maybe he was just born that way. He hates anything that he thinks is an inconvenience like having fun for example as he says why would you goof around when there's always stuff to get done? Long story short he thought and still thinks that I'm a unfit unserious Alpha so he's giving the job to his beta once he steps down, instead of giving it to his actual son.

After that happened to say I was pissed would be a understatement. I was no longer going to be an Alpha and I wasn't even going to be a beta I was just going to be some random no name wolf in a pack. That's not why I moved out though.

" What the hell are you doing here? "

I ask and calmly walk over a little so I'm in front of Riley.

" Well hello to you too son. "

" I said what the hell are you doing here? I asked a question I expect an answer. "

" Well haven't you grown up. "

He says in a annoyed tone.

" Yeah no thanks to you, now what do you want? "

" The moonlight ball is coming up and since next week is your birthday and you will be eighteen you are invited. "

He tells me handing me an invitation.

The moonlight ball is for sixteen and up. The sixteen year olds shift for the first time and the eighteen year olds meet their mate for the first time. The rest of the wolves just hang out and congratulate the newbie wolves and the wolves who have found their mate.

" I hope to see you there son, remember every wolf needs his mate sooner or later. "

He tells me and looks over to Riley.

You want to know why I left?

Here's why