Chapter 20: Life Gaurd

" They probably have a first aid kit where the life guard is come on. "

He says and before I can respond he picks me up bridal style to carry me there.

" My knee is cut up not broken. "

" Just being safe. "

He says shrugging his shoulders.

I don't fight him knowing how stubborn he is so I just lay my head on his chest waiting for us to find the life guard stand which actually takes forever. I finally see the life guard and Owen stiffens coming to a complete stop.

" Owen what the fuck? The life guard is right there lets go! "

" That guys a vampire. "

He whispers to me. The guy seems to hear him and his eyes turn to us, he walks over and Owen tightens his grip on me.

" Do you need some help miss? "

He ask smiling politely.

" Not from you she doesn't. "

Owen snarls.

" I'm just doing my job sir no need to go wolf. "

" Can we just get this done so this conversation can end? "

I ask annoyed.

" Of course let me get the first aid kit. "

He walks off and Owen glares at me.

" Don't you give me that look you're the one who insisted I get this cut looked at. "

He grumbles something I can't hear and then the guy returns with the first aid kit. He stares at Owen as if he's waiting for Owen to put me down but Owen just stares back not making a move to put me down. Eventually the guy stops staring and gets to work.

" The cuts are nothing serious I'm just going to clean them with alcohol wipes and bandage them and you should be good but make sure to keep them clean so they don't get infected. Try not to get sand on the cut. "

He tells me and I nod.

" Fair warning this is gonna burn. "

He tells me and I nod. He starts cleaning my cuts with alcohol wipes and I hiss in pain hiding my face in the crook of Owen's neck. He's finally done moments later.

" Thanks. "

I tell the life guard.

" Yeah uh thanks man. "

Owen says awkwardly and the life guard gives Owen a smug smile and nods walking off.

" You okay? "

Owen ask me.

" It's a cut Owen I'm not dying. "

" Yeah just making sure. "

He says awkwardly laughing.