Chapter 14: Love

Owen's P.O.V

I'm woken up by Riley's mom shaking me.

" Huh? "

I ask grumpily.

" Owen honey why are you sleeping on the floor in front of Riley's room? "

She ask me looking confused. I sit up and stretch and yawn.

" Well we got into yesterday and she locked me out. "

" But you could have slept in your bedroom? "

" I know but I wanted to stay here in case she came out. "

" You two never get into a fight this bad what happened? "

She ask sitting next to me on the floor and sipping her coffee.

" You know the whole mate thing right? "

" Yes. "

" I explained to her that when I find my mate I don't think my mate will want me to be around her and she got mad. "

" It's only natural for her to be angry I mean you two have been best friends for a very long time but she will come around. "

" How do you know? "

" Because I know my daughter and I know she cares about you and wants you to be happy. "

She says and stands up walking into the living room. I stand up and try the door knob again expecting it to be locked but I'm surprised when I turn it and it's not. I quietly go in and shut the door assuming Riley is still a sleep.

" Owen? "

I turn around to see Riley with her eyes all puffy from crying and I frown.

" Please just let me talk. "

I say.

" You're not mad at me? "

She ask with a stuffy nose making her sound adorable.

" No I could never be mad at you, besides there's no reason for me to be mad at you I understand why you were upset. "

I lay next to her and she moves over to me throwing her leg over me as always.

" I shouldn't have gotten mad I know how important mates are to every wolf. "

Little does she know I don't even want a mate but maybe having a mate will stop me from having feelings for her. It's not that I don't want to like her because she's a bad person, I just know that she will never feel the same.

Suddenly she rubs her nose on my chest.

" Did you just wipe your boogers on me? "

I ask.

" Maybe. "

She says and burst into laughter. I smile and shake my head.

" You are disgusting."

" But you love me! "

She says in a sing song voice rolling around on the bed and falling off.

She has no idea how right she is.