17

Everything felt so awkward. I could feel the tension and I could take a machete and attempt to cut it, but it was just so thick that I probably couldn't. The atmosphere felt so icky and gross and the sound of Harry Potter's majestic soundtrack made everything else ten times weirder.

Ashton sat on the smaller couch with Luke about to fall asleep on his shoulder. The amount of times Ashton had to swat away Luke because of his disgusting drool was a handful too many. But this time, Luke stayed on his shoulder because Ashton refused to stop glaring at Matt who let Lindsay sleep on his lap. If only he knew that they were cousins.

"I'm kinda thirsty," Matt said, lightly pushing Lindsay's head off of his thighs. She woke up and looked around confused before shifting her body to sit up and groggily watch Harry and Ron attempt to escape all the spiders. 

"Ken, can you show him where the drinks are?" Lindsay said. 

Calum's stare on the television instantly changed to look at me with worry. After kissing him on the cheek to reassure him that I was okay to go in the kitchen with another boy, I motioned Matt to follow me. As we both rose up from the couch, Ashton's hard gaze finally broke and he stopped himself from staring at Lindsay, who was quietly imitated the accents in the movie to herself. 

Once we got to the kitchen, I propped myself up onto the counter and he dove his head into the fridge. A small gasp left his lips as he pulled out two Kool-Aid juice pouches. Matt poked the straw into it and took a sip before staring at me with his eyebrow arched, the other drink in his other hand.

I reciprocated his expression by furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. 

"So, it seems like your boyfriend is intimidated by me," Matt said, striding over to lift himself up onto the counter beside me. He handed me the other drink and I happily took it. 

I giggled at his words, tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear, and say, "We're still in the beginning of our relationship where we still get jealous. I think it's normal." I pierced the straw into it and started drinking it slowly.

"So, he's really jealous of me? I mean I would date you if I didn't like sucking dick more."

The Kool-Aid got caught in my throat. I felt it lodge its way into my esophagus and tears sprung to my eyes while I tried to fix my issue by drinking more of the drink that was already making my throat burn. Matt sat beside me laughing slightly, probably not knowing what to do with a girl who was basically choking on a liquid.

"You're not homophobic, are you?" he asked as my situation died down a bit.

I shook my head quickly. "Just surprised. I wasn't expecting that."

"Is it because I don't wear bright pink and sing Lady Gaga out of nowhere. I seriously hate stereotypes," he groaned. Matt sipped at his juice grumpily, which looked odd because he was a teenage boy who resembled a cranky toddler at the moment.

I shook my head again.  "It's just because no one's really open about it. I think it's cool that you can just say it."

Matt smiled slightly before mumbling a thanks. But after that, his face immediately lit up like I would have if I got concert tickets. "You said that you and your boyfriend both get jealous. Who do you get jealous of?"

I look at the empty juice pouch in my fingers before sighing loudly. Matt tilted his head to the side, the sigh making him more interested.

"I mean there's this girl, Delia, that he's friends with that kinda makes me worried. They've hooked up before too, which makes me even more scared that he's still lowkey into her,, or if she's still into him. I mean she did kinda have him first," I admitted awkwardly before slipping my body off of the counter. "I think we should get back to them."