27

"You fucking scared the shit out of me!" I whisper-scream, throwing my clenched hand in the air to punch Matt furiously in the shoulder. "I thought you were Calum!"

"And I thought you weren't violent, but no. It seems like you're more abusive than Chris Brown," Matt scoffed. He rubbed at his arm, trying to soothe the impending bruise dotting his skin.

Rolling my eyes, I pushed Matt out of the way to drag Luke along the dance floor to the table. The Lord was on my side today because I made it to the round table with Luke unharmed, myself unseen, and Michael asleep on Ashton's shoulder. There was a frown fighting to take place on the curly haired boy's face, yet it stayed a smile as he longingly gazed at Lindsay as she spoke of what color she'd dye her hair next.

Luke lets go of my hand to fall into one of the cushioned chairs as if he was the exhausted one. I was the one who hauled his jello like body over here. I was the one running, in heels. I was the one who should be exhausted—not the tall as the Empire State building Luke Hemmings, who was starting to drunkenly play with Michael's hair. Michael's head fell off of Ashton's shoulder a mere second ago to slam his forehead on the table. He stayed asleep with his mouth wide open and drool pouring out in a steady stream.

"Is anyone gonna wake him up?" Lindsay asked. Luke continued to stroke Michael's hair as Matt cooed at him to drink some water to sober up.

I shook my head. "Leave him be. I can't deal with Michael right now. My head hurts and I'm tired and I literally just wanna go home—"

"I have the perfect solution!" Matt shouted, handing the glass of water to Ashton. The liquid almost spilt all over his dress shirt. I cock an eyebrow, staring at Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome. "Let's go dance. Isn't this your favorite song?"

The last couple lines of Baby Got Back poured out of the stereos and hyped up the rowdy crowd of teenager. "Yeah, I sing this song every morning when I smoke blunts and drink vodka before school," I said with sarcasm dripping excessively in my words. "It's truly my jam."

Matt threw his head back in laughter before walking around the table to grip my hand. He led me to the dance floor, ignoring my protests. If I had a camera to capture the moment of him dragging me to the queue of people, I'd have a snapshot of something tumblr worthy.

The tempo changed quickly as Matt spins around and grabs me by the waist. A slow, steady song started to spill out and many of the tired, horny kids started to trickle away from the crowd. Couples stayed, boys leaning their foreheads against their girls, whispering sweet nothings into their ears. So far, the only phrases tickling at my ear was, "Kendall there's a really hot guy over there, but I think he has a girlfriend."

"He's probably straight, Matt."

He spins me around, Beauty and the Beast style before tugging my body so close to his that I felt his breath tickling the side of my neck. My heels put me at the height of him having the perfect opportunity to just kiss my throat.

But then my brain felt like it was electrocuted and two thoughts came to mind.

1) Matt is gay—gay to the point where he once told me that he'd definitely let Ryan Gosling have his way with him. 2) Calum. Somehow, his face still seeped into my mind to the point where I thought What if he's watching? What if he's hurt? This always seems to happen. I'll experience something, anything really. I could be brushing my teeth or watching a movie and my mind wanders to the puppy eyed, tan beauty that was Calum Hood.

No matter what, it all came back to him. He was the one who got me to fall. He was the one who had me tripping and stumbling over my thoughts because my brain was just a cluttered mess of pictures and memories of him. I missed the kisses that would softly press against my lips and make my heart soar through the clouds. I missed his laugh. I miss the way his eyes would crinkle and the way his smile would just shine through any dark cloud over my head. This had me wondering why I was standing on this floor, with the prettiest dress I've ever seen, with a boy who wasn't him.