8

After I packed my overnight bag, I changed into a pair of pajama pants and a random t-shirt that I think belonged to Ashton. My hair was as messy as bird's nest. Random pieces of hair stuck out in the most random places. A slight frown showed up on my features as I continued to pick out all of my flaws in front of the mirror. I wasn't an insecure person. I love who I am, but sometimes being me, just isn't enough. My eyes were a dull brown color. I don't think anyone would like the color. It's the color of dirt. My body wasn't as perfect as all the women I see in magazines. My stomach wasn't flat and my body wasn't pretty.

Does Calum think of me the way I am thinking of myself right now? I shook my head to rid of these thoughts. Why did Calum appear in my thoughts? His opinion shouldn't matter to me. I sighed loudly and trotted down my stairs with my phone in my hand. My parents weren't home because they were off with the Hoods. I cringed at the thought of Calum and I's parents being good friends. It didn't seem right to me.

Before I pulled out of my driveway, I plugged my phone in the AUX cord and blasted The Script. As Breakeven ended and the lyrics were now stuck in my head for another five days, I pulled into the Hood's driveway. As I mumbled some lyrics under my breath, I walked up to the door with my bag hanging off my shoulder loosely. I knocked lightly on the wooden door and Calum quickly opened it with a big smile.

"Princess!" Calum yells, quickly embracing me excitedly. His muscular arms wrapped around my small frame tightly. Unintentionally, a huge whiff of his cologne invaded my senses. But there was an undertone of something I couldn't place. Calum pulled away with a huge grin still on his face. I took in his bloodshot eyes and relaxed posture and my hand immediately covered my mouth, concealing the gasp I made.

"Calum, are you high?!" I whisper loudly, pushing him forward so I could come into the house. He stumbled slightly and collapsed. He laughed loudly as his tall body fell to the ground.

"As a kite," he stated happily and began to crawl towards the living room couch. I mouth an inaudible fuck as he snuggles into the cushions of the sofa.

I rush over to his now tired body. As soon as I crouch down beside him, he instantly intertwines his finger sloppily with my own. Some of his fingers are in the wrong places so it's uncomfortable, but he's holding my hand. The sparks and tingly feeling in my stomach is increasing. "Calum, where's Ryder?" I ask softly, detatching my hand from his carefully. The feeling disappears and Calum frowns.

"Why'd you let go? Do you not like me?" he whines, crossing his arms over his chest and turning his back towards me like he was a grumpy child. I groaned loudly and turned him back over so his big brown eyes were locked with mine. This was the first time I've ever looked deeply into Calum's eyes. Of course they were bloodshot and he wasn't thinking right, but his gaze made me want to melt on the spot. It annoyed me so much because last month I wouldn't have had these feelings. "Why are you looking at me like that? I'm sorry if I'm ugly. It's not my fault."

"What, no. Calum you're really attractive," I say, grabbing his hand and tugging him up so he would stand. I tugged him along as we walk towards his bedroom. I just needed to let him sleep.

Once I swing his door open and push him towards his bed, he laughed loudly and my heart fluttered hearing the sound of his happiness. I don't question his random outburst of laughter. Calum crawls under the covers and snuggles in his blankets and sighs happily. Before I could leave, he calls out my name. I turn around awkwardly and see him clutching onto a pillow.

"Can you come cuddle me later? I don't like sleeping alone," he frowns and I shake my head. "Please? Just for tonight."

"I'll think about it."

And with that, I exit his room to go watch Ryder.

**

Ryder sleepily rubs at his eyes. The film playing on the screen wasn't as interesting as we both hoped it would be. Earlier, we made some cookies and colored in some coloring books because it's refreshing to feel like a kid again. But I can't color in the lines for shit. "Wanna go to sleep now?" I ask Ryder and he sleepily nods. He trudges towards his bedroom as I attempt to get comfortable on the couch. But I just couldn't. Soon enough, I fall asleep. But not in Calum's arms.