10 Year Intervals by @WillowFallsDiaries

"YOU WENT AWAY FOR 10 YEARS WITHOUT TELLING ME, CHAT!"

"M'lady—" Chat protested.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO CALL ME THAT."

"What are you—"

"I'M TWENTY-SIX NOW, CHAT! I'm engaged. That time you left me was the hardest time of my life. My crush left, my grades fell out, my parents started fighting, I LOST IT ALL! There were nights where I cried myself to sleep! You never said goodbye! It was a good thing Nathan came and saved me."

"You're engaged to Nathanael?"

"Yeah why?"

"Marinette's engaged to Nathan."

"Yeah, so?"

"You're Marinette."

Ladybug nodded.

"It's me—Adrien!" Chat exclaimed happily.

Ladybug shook her head.

"You left me for ten years, I'll leave you for ten years. See you when I'm thirty-six!"

With that Ladybug took off with her yoyo, leaving a speechless Chat behind.

- 10 years later -

Marinette sighed as she finished washing up the dishes in her now empty house.

She was divorced and now living in her own apartment.

"MARINETTE!" a squeaky voice squealed. "TEN YEARS! TEN YEARS! TEN YEARS!"

"What?" Marinette asked.

"You're gonna go see him right?"

"Who?"

"ADRIEN OR CHAT, WHICH EVER ONE!"

As the words poured out of Tikki's mouth, Marinette dropped the plate she was holding.

"I'm not going," she muttered. "He left me for ten years without an explanation."

Tikki shot Marinette a look.

"Well, in his defense, he wasn't allowed to reveal himself. What about the fact that he's a model and his dad's a control freak and—and—"

"And what?"

"MARINETTE, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!" Tikki yelled.

"WHAT DON'T I UNDERSTAND, TIKKI?! I STILL LOVE HIM. THATS WHY I'M DIVORCED AND IN THIS APARTMENT. ALL BECAUSE I STILL LOVE HIM," Marinette screamed back.

"Then go visit him."

--- Night falls in the city of Paris ---

Adrien sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair while sat on the cold park bench.

"She's not coming back, Plagg, is she?" He sighed.

"Aw, kid, don't be so down on yourself. She's coming back," Plagg replied.

"But when?"

"ADRIEN!" a breathless voice cried out.

"MARINETTE?"

"ADRIEN I'M REALLY SORRY, I KNOW IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE I TOLD YOU THAT I WAS GONNA LEAVE YOU—but I know you're gonna reject me so I'll just tell you—I really love you and I don't know why, but I really do," Marinette said between breaths.

Adrien's eyes widened.

"Marinette, I have the day off tomorrow. Would you like to hang out?"

Marinette playfully put her hands on her hips.

"Sure." She smiled. "Give me 10 years," she joked.