Together by MJ

“I want to be a superhero,” a very annoying and familiar voice said as it took my essay paper. I looked up to see the one and only Chloé Bourgeois.

“Hey!” I yelled and she gave me an annoyed look, ‘you're the one that took my paper! Why are you the one annoyed?!’

“Superheroes aren't real Marinette you should know that-- oh wait you are too much of an idiot to know that, besides even if superheroes are real, you will never become one.” Chloé teased and gave one of those annoying bratty laughs as she and her ‘friend’ Sabrina left.

I couldn't help but let out a little sigh, I should be used to it by now but I can't help but feel sad.

“I'll show you. I'll be the first ever superhero,” I muttered quietly, looking down at my slightly clenched fists.

“Hey.” I heard yet another familiar voice of another familiar blonde I looked at him and saw him have a small smile.

“What? You're here to make fun of me too?” I asked not even trying to hold in the bitterness of my voice.

“No. Not at all,” He said as he showed his paper as well, what I saw definitely made me happy for some reason. I don't know why, but maybe because…

“Why don't we both be the first superheroes? Together,” He said with the brightest smile I ever seen.

“Together!” I exclaimed giving him a bright smile of my own.
______________________________________________________

“You are to write an essay about your dreams. Be it for yourself or for others, material or not it's all up to you and of course, your partner,” Mme. Bustier said, essays about dreams are usually done alone but Mme wants us to learn more about each other and told us to give an insight on each other's dreams.

It’s a good thing if I don't get partnered up with Chloé. I'm not afraid of her nor am I affected by her but she doesn't do any work-- NOTHING!

Alya knows what I want to be in the future, a fashion designer and she wants to be a journalist, or as she says a writer for  Marinette Dupein-Cheng’s future world known fashion magazines.

I still remember the essay from third grade-- ‘I want to be a superhero.’ There's more to it really, but that was the main point. Has it happened yet? No, not yet.  I don't even know if I believe in superheroes anymore, it all seemed to be a distant, childish dream. I'm still a Lil’ bit sad from losing the essay when me and my family moved houses, I was reading it while we were on the road and I've always liked the fresh breeze so I left the window open and guess what?  The paper flew away and that's the last time I saw it.  I don't remember anything else from third grade except for the essay, Alya and Chloé’s everyday teasing.

“Alya and Nino,” Mme said and I gave Alya a small smile as she sat down beside her partner.

“Marinette and…...Adrien.” Adrien? Why does that name sound so familiar?

‘I'm Adrien Agreste.’

‘Marinette Dupain-Cheng, nice to meet you!’

What was that? Some sort of fuzzy memory, it was somehow familiar...that name. The voice.

“Adrien is here?!!?” Chloé screeched snapping me out of my thoughts.  Chloé knows the Adrien kid. The Adrien kid might be like Chloé. Be careful Marinette, but no I shouldn't jump into conclusions yet.

“Yes, Chloé now would you please quiet down?”

“No! I want to be partnered with Adrikins! She-” Chloé ordered pointing at me as she paused.