Forgotten by Jenna

It's been eight years since Chat Noir almost died...

"Chat Noir! Don't go, y-you might get hurt!" Ladybug looked at Chat Noir with her fearful eyes. The new villain had just recently tossed a bus at some innocent passersby. Any second, it would hit them.

Chat Noir smirked at his Lady. "I'll be right back LB, don't worry." He ran and shouted, "Cataclysm!" Without even realizing it, the bus crushed his whole body in a mere second.

"CHAT NOIR!"

It's been seven and a half years since Paris found out who was behind that black mask...

"Cha- A-A-Adrien?! ADRIEN!" Ladybug shrieked into the still of the night. The bus had crushed her feline partner, and with the help of her Lucky Charm, she had moved the bus, only to find her partner's mask had been revealed.

Adrien's body was covered with blood, and his kwami was lost in his own world.

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

Everything, everything except the healing of Adrien went back to normal. Panicking, Ladybug asked his kwami, "Why isn't he healed?"

But Plagg, too sad to respond, murmured a few words that send shivers down her spine. "He should've died."

"Are you sure you want to keep it as a secret for Paris for now?" Mr. Bourgeois asked her.

Chloe looked at her idol with a heavy heart. "Let her grieve."

****

"Nadja Chamack reporting. It has been confirmed that the person behind that Chat Noir mask is none other than Parisian model, Adrien Agreste. Our hearts are with you, Mr. Agreste, as Adrien recovers from the deadly blow."

It's been seven years since Ladybug knew what she was in for...

Ladybug sobbed. "Please. Don't hide anything. H-How's Chat Noir?"

The nurse's eyes softened at the sight of the crying heroine. "H-He's...basically everything is broken. He got crushed from the bus. Surprisingly, he still survived from it. He should've died...but—how is his...kwami? Plagg, I heard. How's his kwami doing?"

"You're changing the subject. Plagg's...grieving and depressed. You're hiding something from me. What are you hiding?"

The nurse hesitated before saying. "Adrien, Chat Noir, h-he's in a coma. It'd be more painless if he died..."

"I can't let him leave. Not before I say goodbye, and-and...how I feel."

The nurse brought her to see Adrien.

All the windows in Paris broke that day.

Now...

Ladybug wiped the sweat from her forehead. The attacks from Hawkmoth had gradually decreased somehow, but the villains were getting stronger. She smiled at the reporters weakly. Right about now everyday, she would visit Adrien and talk to him. The nurses said that even though they're in a coma, they could hear you. Lately, she started having dreams about them talking.

Suddenly, an ambulance came. Ladybug looked curiously at it, no injuries were found, and everything was fine. What was the problem?

The same nurse she had talked to that first day ran breathless to her. "Adrien's awake...but he's forgotten everything and everyone except one person."

Ladybug felt a smile on her face and her heart skipped with joy. That was before she let it sink in. He forgot everything. All their memories, their experiences with each other, and their friendship. But...he still remembered someone.

"He only remembers his mom...but she's dead. I'm sorry, Ladybug. Adrien's living in his own fantasy world, and he's left out all of Paris from that world."

A/N: heh heh