Tears by Mimi

Blue, shining, sparkling tears and silent sobs.

Oh, sweet Duusu. Why are you crying?” The little kwami brought his hands down from his eyes, looking up at the kwami above him.

Plagg and Trixx and teasing me again.” The kwami gave him an apologetic smile, hugging them. She looked over his head, at the cat and fox who were being scolded by the bee. “Tikki? Do you ever think she’ll come back?” Duusu looked up at her, eyes hopeful. She looked down at him, pushing his antennae back.

She’ll be back one day. I’m positive that she will. One of these days, I will go looking for her, so don’t you give up.” Duusu closed his eyes as she petted him softly.

Do you think that she’s okay?” He sniffled.

You said that she wasn’t one to go down without a fight. I know she’s still kicking out there somewhere.” Tikki soothed, and he let out a soft sigh.

Tikki continued to comfort Duusu as Plagg and Trixx were forced to come apologize. Tikki was sure to send a glare at the two of them, her own way of scolding them before sending them off.

Tikki rocked Duusu and she hummed a tune, until a soft tinkling was heard, making all the kwami turn. It was Wayzz.

Tikki, Plagg. It’s time.” Everyone stared at the two. They, the two most powerful miraculous, were about to meet their new holders for the era. They nodded and Tikki let Duusu go, about to join Wayzz, when Duusu stopped her.

Tikki?” She looked down at him.

Yes, Duusu?” She asked. He looked down before looking up at her.

Be safe out there.” He forced a smile upon himself. Tikki gave a soft smile and kissed the red mark upon his head.

I’ll find her, don’t worry. I’ll meet you on the outside, okay?” Duusu hesitantly nodded and let her go, allowing Tikki to join Plagg and Wayzz. Plagg crossed his arms, letting out an annoyed huff. 

“’You be safe out there too, Plagg.’ I will. Thank you Duusu.” Plagg sneered and Tikki hit him gently, while Trixx laughed.

Who would wish you safety, you’re the embodiment of bad luck.” She teased. Plagg nearly glared at her.

Nobody asked you, fox.” Trixx laughed harder and he rolled his eyes. “I look forward to seeing you on the outside.” She snickered and waved.

Plagg and Tikki left with Wayzz, meeting with their new holders. It was the three of them for a while then then Wayzz came for the fox, then the bee. And he was left all alone.

The realm where kwami rest, when they don’t have a holder and are resting within their miraculous, is a place untouched by humans, almost a tiny place for gods like them. Time didn’t exist and there was no day nor night, but used to human schedules, they decided to create the illusion of day and night with Trixx’s help.
Duusu didn’t know how long he spent alone. He lost count after fifteen nights. What was once a colorful world, seemed dull and grey. His world was still sunny and his nights starry, but his heart was lonely.

How were his friends? Were they okay?

It was on a particularly cloudy day when Duusu was laying on the grass and watching the clouds roll, when he heard a tinkling that made him sit up, looking at the kwami that appeared before him.

Tikki?” The ladybug looked up, horror in her eyes.

Duusu. Duusu, my girl, my Marinette! Papillon, he… the akuma trapped Chat in the cathedral and he’s stolen my miraculous…” She was panicked, her voice high and her eyes wide.

Duusu did the best of his abilities to calm her down, and he managed, getting Tikki to settle with some water. As he would bring her droplets of water, she told him about the time she’s been gone.

It’s been two years?” He hadn’t realized time had gone by so fast.

Within the past two years, Nooroo has been used malevolently and instead of making champions, he has been creating akumas. The last akuma… She took me away from my holder.” Even between kwami, a holder’s identity was kept private, unless the holder wanted them to know. It was the rule among them.

Duusu knew Nooroo’s holder. The two of them worked together for years. He was his partner’s husband. And now, he had the Miraculous of Creation. A kwami being used for evil didn’t continue that law.

Tikki, I know who Nooroo’s holder is. He was married to my holder.” Tikki looked up at him.

Who is it, Duusu? Who?” She asked quickly.

It’s –“ The was a tinkling of a bell and Tikki was gone in a flash of red. “Gabriel Agreste…”

Tikki didn’t return soon. He wasn’t sure how much passed when she came back, but when she did, she was unconscious.

Tikki? Tikki, wake up!

She won’t wake.” Duusu turned to see Wayzz. “Her powers have been used to her maximum abilities and she’s slipped into a hibernation.” Duusu looked back at Tikki, seeing how worn she looked.

What’s happening Wayzz?” Duusu looked at Wayzz.

Gabriel has created a new world.”