I'm Sorry by @Alya-sama

Ladybug walked through the dark alleyway, Chat Noir on her right and the victim of the crime on her left. The girl was constantly stumbling behind, but Ladybug kept tugging her back thinking she was just scared. Without warning, Chat Noir fell to the ground, as if he had fainted. Ladybug spun around just in time to see the "victim" with a blade in her hand, an evil glimpse of purple in her eyes.

Marinette shook her head at the vivid memory. She stared at her reflection in the mirror, looking at her blue, shoulder-length hair perfectly lay on her shoulders. She wore a black top with a ladybug-themed mini skirt. Black combat boots tightly curved around her black stockings and a brown, leather belt curved around her hips, edging out the ending and beginning of her top and skirt. Tying her hair up into one pony tail with a ladybug-themed ribbon, she murmured;
"I'm an idiot..."

'You can be so naive Ladybug!' The victim, (or so Lila) cackled. Ladybug clenched her teeth tightly as she gently placed Chat Noir on her back (a piggy-back position). Her eyes caught a hole in his suit, which made her mouth gape. The suit was indestructible! Crimson blood stained the black leather as it slowly spread, beginning to touch Ladybug's suit. Snarling, Ladybug stated, 'You will pay for what you did!'

Dusting her outfit for the millionth time, she checked her phone which read 11:47 am. Glancing back into the mirror, she placed her phone into her jean's pockets and began to pace around the room. "13 minutes..." she whispered as she reached for her miraculous. "13 more minutes..."

The night sky stretched up above with few stars lighting it up. The alleyway where the fight was about to commence was not a great venue, but the best place to make sure the public doesn't find out. 'Might wanna try and get your 'BFF' up because if you don't find a quick antidote, he just might have used all of his nine lives in one go!' she smirked smugly as she twirled her finger in her hair. Ladybug instantly swerved her head around in shock to see his face scrunched up in pain. His breath was ragged and sweat trickled down the side of his head. Lila then spoke in her venomously sweet voice, 'He's just gotten a dose of Lila's poison. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT BUG?!'

A kwami made her appearance by sitting on the heroine's shoulder. "You okay Marinette...?" Tikki asked tentatively. Marinette turned her gaze to her and sighed shakily. "I-" she cracked. "don't k-know..." she spoke, cracks visible. She will not cry, she would not cry; for him.

'YOU BITCH!' Ladybug cried out before recklessly lunging her yoyo at her. Lila effortlessly dodged her, landing on a moldy crate. The hero shook Chat a few times but his face only grew more uncomfortable with pain so she halted to a stop. An idea then sprung into her head as she called out, 'Lucky Charm!' She was expecting it to be something odd but no. It didn't give her something odd, nor something obvious;

It gave her nothing...

Shocked, she simply hooked her yoyo around her hips, glaring menacingly at Lila. 'Even your power doesn't work! There's only one way to cure your best friend and that's to give up your miraculous and your LIFE!'

Tears sprang into Marinette's eyes but she quickly wiped them away. Rubbing her eyes, she felt her fingers twitch. She felt so small, she had never felt like this. Felt like she could do anything, as if all the confidence as Ladybug had been drained out and replaced with fear, melancholy and guilt. "Mari..." Tikki breathed with sympathy as she gently rubbed her head against her owner's cheek. Marinette's hands were now balled into tight fists...

Touching her miraculous, she turned to her partner with sorrow then back to Lila. She got up and charged towards Lila, which only made the villain chuckle. Throwing her fist at her face and kicked violently at any body part she could, she managed to make Lila back up a little.

But not enough.

'It's no use! I will increase the poison if you don't give me your miraculous now!' she yelled. Ladybug gulped before beginning to remove her miraculous. Her pride had been washed away with defeat as she plucked her miraculous out of her ears. A bright reddish-pink light illuminated the alleyway for just a moment before dissipating into the dull darkness. Lila smirked as a butterfly outline marked her face. 'I always knew it was you Marinette. You ruined my life and now it's time for yours to end.'

Listening to the ticking of a clock, she heard a soft knock. Wearily looking at the entrance to her room, she heard a soft sigh. "It's Alya and Nino. They're ready to take you..." Sabine gently spoke. "I'll be there in a few moments..." Marinette replied hoarsely, her throat clogged with cries of agony that want to be let free. But no, she swallowed them down for him...

'Take them! Now cure him!' Marinette screamed as she chucked her miraculous at her. Lila caught the earrings and smiled. 'I changed my mind. You can die with him!' she giggled but Marinette's breath hitched. She fell for it, she was so irrational. She should have seen it. With a angry heart, Marinette screeched as she dropped Chat and ran over to Lila, kicking her stomach which made her cramp in pain and drop her weapon. Grabbing the blade, Marinette pierced it into Lila's chest which made her howl with pain. Pulling it out, she snapped the blade, and quickly healed the butterfly by changing into Ladybug. Although Chat lay still. Checking his pulse, Marinette whispered...
'Say something Chat... Please!'

Marinette felt a tear roll down her cheek, that soon multiplied. As tears coursed down her cheeks, she heard Tikki whimper. Marinette felt as if her heart had been stricken by that blade. Crying out for mercy, she sobbed;
"I'm sorry Chat... I'm sorry Adrien..."