Chapter 17: Visiting The House of Juliet Capulet

Chapter 17: Visiting the House of Juliet Capulet

I have it all fixed that today will be the day that I will be visiting the house of Juliet. I've always wanted to go there since I watched Letters to Juliet. I did a little research and I've found out that the Secretaries of Juliet are true. People all over the world crossed the vast oceans just to visit the house of Juliet. They write letters to Juliet, asking for love advice. Juliet may have been a fictional character but the Secretaries of Juliet made her real by giving responses to the letters. After the showing of the movie "Letters to Juliet", it was said that the number of letters the Secretaries received tripled to the number they usually receive.

I woke up early today and when I went down to make breakfast for myself, breakfast was ready. Aunt Bea may have told the house-helpers to make the breakfast.

My meal was already half-eaten when Ethan came. He was dressed up too.

"Off to meet that friend of yours?"

"Not quite."

"Then, why are you early today?"

"I heard you want to go to Juliet's house."

"Why would you be interested?"

"I'm not interested but I have to take you there."

"I thought Aunt Bea would take me there."

"She can't drive today; she has a cold."

"So, it's you again who will have to show me around?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

We were both quiet at breakfast. I was busy eating while Ethan was busy texting. I find it a little annoying though. Our tour to the house of Juliet will be delayed; Ethan's food is still untouched.

"You know, I can't wait for you any longer," I told Ethan, sounding annoyed. Ethan stopped texting and looked up. He put his phone down and started eating.

"Fine," he said in an irritating voice. "I'll eat now."

He finally ate breakfast but I just really can't wait any longer. I stood up but Ethan grabbed my hand.

"You are not going anywhere," he said. He has a tight grip on my wrist. "Aunt Bea asked me to take you there."

"But you're too slow!" I complained. I hate people who are slow. "I'm bored and I can't wait any longer!"

"Who are you texting anyway?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry," Ethan apologized. "We'll go now."

Ethan left his meal and grabbed a banana. He showed me the car key and slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Let's go to Juliet's house," said Ethan, still chewing. He took another bite of the banana.

His arm is still around my shoulders as he dragged me towards the garage.

Once he started the car, he winked at me which was weird.

"Hop in, sister!" he said playfully. "Hope you don't mind me calling you that."

I smiled and said, "Not at all, Ethan."

I sat next to the driver's seat where Ethan is seated. While inside the car, we had a few conversations. It was always Ethan who started the conversation.

"You know, you reminded me a lot of my sister," he said.

"Really? You have a sister?" I asked.

"Yeah. I did once and I miss her," he replied in a low voice as he drove us to Juliet's house.