Chapter 16 | First Day

A week later

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, which I don't like hearing when its the first thing I hear when I wake up.

Todays the day. School again, I haven't been used to adjusting in L.A, just yet.

So hopefully I'll be meeting genuine people.

If only Kris was here, but too bad she's back in the Philippines. Kris is one of my best friends, I have a lot, but she's the only person who I got attatched to, we've come closer when we grew older actually. I really miss her. We'd always make a weird friendship.

                      ***
I got out of the shower with music still playing inside.

Damn it.

I forgot to get my phone.

I'm usually the type of person who'd always play music on a daily basis. Always, I tell you, always.

I wore some comfy slippers and I head down stairs.

"Hi anak, ready for the first day?" My mom asks preparing the plates on the table.

"Yes, ma" I'm actually not ready, I lied,  I know lying isn't good but I had to because i don't want my mom to stress out.

"Ma, where's Cat?" I ask looking for her.

"Oh, your sister is on duty" my mom says.

Basically I don't think you guys knew yet, I have two older siblings which my sister is a soon to be doctor. While my brother is a soon to be dentist.

"I hope you're excited for the first day of school." My mom says.

I nod.

                      ***
I got into my uniform and head down stairs.

"Let's go Na, anak" my mom says grabbing her car keys.

It was a 15 minute drive to my 'new' school.

                       ***
"Okay, were here anak, make sure you study hard so you can get that scholarship!" My mom says, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I'm not ready for this

I opened the car door and stepped out.

I started scanning the school, and it sure was a huge school.
How much did my mom even pay for the tuition fee?

I enter the room and I see a bunch of girls gossiping about who knows what.

I started looking at my schedule and it didn't really have that much details in it.

The first thing I looked for was the library.

With a huge school like this, I don't expect myself to find the library that quick.

But I did. It was on the second floor.

I was 20 minutes early so I decided to let time pass by on the library and wait till its class time.

                       ***
The teachers gathered us into a line according to our level.

I was unlucky to be with the same level as the girls who I saw in the hallway gossiping.

The teachers lead us to our room, and there were arm chairs. Back In the Philippines we don't use arm chairs. So obviously this is going to be very different. I always had hatred with arm chairs.

                      ***
"So hello class, my name is Ms.Reyes, and I am going to be your teacher through the whole school year." She says giving us an assuring smile.

She doesn't seem to be very strict but, probably soon.

I'm suppose to be In grade 6, but they had an entrance exam here and I got accelerated for some reason.

The door opens and a boy wearing a a gray sweatshirt and maroon pants with black nikes Came in.

"Sorry, im late!" He says panting.

"Well you're very early for tomorrow." Ms. Reyes says.

"And why aren't you in your uniform?" Ms.Reyes asks.

"Sorry, Ms. Reyes" Sean says looking at the blackboard to see the teacher's name.

(A/N HAH KRIS AND ISHAH, SI MS. LILY :PPPPP, continue reading, sorry HHA GEDDIT MS LILY AND READING. OK SORRY FOR BAD PUNS, okay in all seriousness go continue)

The whole class laughs.

She's a funny teacher. She seems alright.

"You may sit next to Ms. De Guzman" the teacher says looking at me.

I looked at him In shock.

"Sean?!" I ask looking at him in shock.

"Anne?!" He says, laughing.

"Wait, you're 14, why are you here?" I ask

"How did you know?" He asks.

Damn it

I hope he doesn't find out I'm a fan.

Damn it Anne.

I turned away so he won't see me blushing.

"I, umm, guessed." I say

I really need to step up my excuses.

"Well, okay." He laughs

"But seriously, why are you here?" I ask.

"To study, of course" he says laughing.

"Of course, I knew that. What I meant is, why are you in this level" I say.

"Well, because a year ago I've been having a lot of projects which leads to me being absent in school often, so my mom thought I would restart this level." He says

"Ohh, very witty, but wow I didn't expect, you go to this school." I say.

"Same thing here." He says chuckling.

----------
I made it long because i haven't been updating often, so sorry, but remeber, ppl I update often :)