twelve

The bar had obviously been long since abandoned, as dust had covered all the furniture and the drink dispensers were rust and dry.

" Well," Ruby said, her optimistic side showing as she coughed on the dust. " At least there's no rats!"

A rat scurried across Josh's foot and he raised an eyebrow at Ruby, running a finger over the bar.

" It smells like shit."

Ruby gasped and walked around, peering out of the slightly smashed window. " Joshua William Dun! Don't swear!"

Josh rolled his eyes and Tyler giggled and it was probably then that they remembered they had a third member, who would have gone unnoticed had he not fallen to the floor, clutching his stomach and laughing.

" Ty!" Ruby shouted and ran from the window to Tyler's form. Josh glared at her nickname for him, but follower, wincing at the police sirens. " You okay, Ty?"

Tyler nodded, tears forming in his eyes and he began to sob, still laughing as though he were undecided what his emotions were.

" F-Fine!" He giggled and choked on a sob.

Josh shook his head at Ruby and held her wrist, leading her to the stairs. " Side effects, Rube."

The girl nodded and smiled at Tyler, his giggle being contagious. Josh nodded and motioned to the stairs, looking back to Tyler. " You have a look around - I'll take him outside to calm down."

Ruby nodded and winked, practically jogging up the stairs.

" Ty!" He cooed, helping Tyler to his feet when he got back over to him. " Come on, babe. We're going outside."

Tyler mumbled, his happiness gone and wiped his eyes.

" You'll be okay," Josh soothed and pressed a kiss to Tyler's head, his hand leading him towards an alley.

A car, old and rusted was strewn near the wall and police tape was littered around it, but that just made it all the more better.

Josh leaned onto the car, pulling Tyler towards him by the wrists. He was silently crying now, whimpering and sniffling.

The taller boy put his hand on Tyler's cheek, stroking the tears away with the pad of his thumb. " What's wrong, darling?"

Tyler didn't answer and Josh bit his lip, drawing the small boy closer. He placed his hands on Tyler's waist, the latter's on his shoulders.

" You won't tell me?" Josh murmured, moving his head to bury in Tyler's neck. He kissed the area underneath his ear and grinned when the smaller boy let out a whimper.

Tyler shook his head and Josh moved forward again, rubbing circles onto the small of Tyler's back. " You don't know?"

Tyler nodded frantically, eyes dark and glistening. Josh smiled triumphantly,  knowing this was simply side effects.

" That's fine too, sweetheart."

Josh smiled again and pressed his lips to Tyler's, grinning like an idiot when they other boy whimpered and pulled Josh painfully close to him.

The taller boy pulled back and shrugged one shoulder lazily, his words fanning straight over Tyler's lips.

" As you wish, darling."

Josh pressed his lips to Tyler's, biting and sucking at the bottom one. The other boy was practically crying in lust, although somehow loving the roughness of a seemingly innocent kiss.

Okay, it wasn't innocent at all. 

•••

Ruby was waiting in a chair when they got back, raising an eyebrow at the two. " Had fun, did you?"

Josh rolled his eyes, smoothing out his already smooth jacket, and ran a hand through his spiky green hair. He walked over to the bar, nodding in approval of the clean, running water from the tap.

Then Ruby turned to Tyler.

The other boy's jacket wasn't even on him anymore. It was probably in a puddle somewhere near the car long since forgotten. His lips were red and puffy, kiss-swollen and bitten, and his hair was tousled. Eyes still dark, and breathing laboured and heavy, he just told everyone that something happened in the alleyway behind an abandoned bar.

Ruby raised an eyebrow and tutted, looking towards Josh with a disappointed expression.

" I do not want to know."

•••