fifteen

Alex had probably been dead for about three days before the cops found his body.

Nobody came after them and no news of the murder was on the news, or as far as Josh and Ruby knew.

Tyler had stopped crying and got over it and not once did he remember Alex's bloody, vomit-covered body.

Nobody mentioned Alex ever again.

•••

" So," Ruby yawned and rubbed her eyes free of sleep. " Who's next on Josh's famous hit list?"

Tyler poked her cheek and giggled, singing quietly to himself.

" The leader of the asylum." Josh answered, throwing another knife into the bag. Just in case.

" Yay!" Tyler jumped up and three ha arms around Josh's neck, whispering into his ear. " I always hated that bastard."

Josh chuckled and slowly pryed Tyler off of him, turning to check the bag once again. He bent down but jumped straight up when Tyler slapped his ass and winked at Josh's shocked expression.

The older man rolled his eyes and smiled, bringing Tyler and Ruby close.

" Now," he began to walk out of the bar and into the streets. " Who's ready to cut a bitch?"

•••

" That was fun!" Ruby shouted, swinging her bat down onto the floor.

On the way to the asylum, they had noticed a police officer who recognised them. He nearly shot Tyler, so Josh slashed a hole into his throat and tied his feet to a tree as he slowly died.

Tyler wasn't sure he could fall deeper in love with this man.

The asylum was nearing, the broken, swinging sign making its way into their vision.

It should have been nighttime, and cold, and rainy for a setting as eerie as this, but it wasn't. In fact, is was the major opposite, so hot all three thought they'd collapse at any given moment, yet it didn't seem to faze them.

There were a few boys and girls when they looked around a bush, playing in a dirty field beyond a chain link fence.

There was Andrew, the patient who Tyler feared had been abused, playing with a very small, very thin girl.

Josh sucked in a breath, tears watering his eyes when he saw the girl, who was still here, how was she still here?

" Allie." Josh coughed, keeping his 'tough guy' act. " She's ten."

Tyler shook his head because how was this ten year old girl in a mental asylum, slowly killing herself with the help of anorexia?

" The leader! Mr whateveraface!"

Tyler rolled his eyes at Ruby, who had not been associated with the asylum, but didn't correct her.

" Now," Josh began, speaking hurried and hushed. " We must be quiet, we must think carefully, we must-"

" Hi, boy!" Ruby shouted, jumping up and swinging her bat. " Where's your leader?"

•••

I'm in such a shitty mood 😂😂 I got work tomorrow at the yard and then a theme park next week so fingers crossed it's all good