nineteen

It was dark inside, and there were few lights on, as though the whole hospital was abandoned.

Josh had his arm around Tyler's waist, a little tighter than necessarily, but it made him feel better nevertheless.

They could both hear the frantic, slightly raised voices of the officials, coming from the only lit room in the corridor.

Tyler faintly remembered it as the 'staff' room. He never spent much time in there, but when he did, it immediately went quiet. He was known only as 'Josh's therapist', the only one brave (or, stupid,) enough to take the insane patient on.

Unfortunately, it was only a faint memory and though it was in his memory, it didn't stick out, so Tyler wasn't much help when it came to them finding out where, exactly, to go.

" However he escaped, we know he damn well did, and Lord only knows what he's done to the other poor boy!"

Josh smirked at Tyler and pressed a kiss to the side of his head, while the smaller boy simply stared ahead at the door from which the voices were coming.

" They may not even be alive still!" Now Tyler does recognise that voice. Lana. " And, if he is, he's probably even crazier than Joshua!"

The room erupted into a series of strained whispers.

Tyler looked over at Josh and frowned, but smiled when the taller boy started to walk forward with Tyler under his arm.

Their footsteps were creaking on the old floor and the whispers immediately ceased into sharp, uneven small breaths.

Nobody dared to speak from inside, and Tyler couldn't hear any movement. It was completely silent until they reached the door, when Josh giggled and knocked tauntingly on the door.

" It's me!" He shouted at the door, grinning like an idiot. " Did you miss me, eh?"

Nobody spoke.

" I said," he began, pounding at the door with his fist. " Did anybody miss me!"

The silence was broken by a series of hushed and frantic murmurs, and Josh cocked an eyebrow.

" I'm sorry, I can't hear you. Would you mind opening the door?"

Once again, nobody moved and Josh sighed, knowing it was a weak attempt.

He looked over at Tyler and smirked, bringing the boy close. He pushed Tyler up against the door, an arm around his waist and the other around his neck.

" Well, you remember your high and mighty therapist?" Tyler heard a woman take a sharp breath and he guessed it was Lana. " I suggest you open this door before I slit his throat."

The woman from before let out a pained sound, and there was a quick fumble at the door. The lock jiggled but stayed where it was, and the woman screamed as she was pulled back.

" It's a trap, Lana, I'm sorry. He's gone!"

Tyler could hear Lana's cries and he smiled letting Josh push him to the floor to the side.

" Fine. I suggest you stand back, though."

Josh barely had time to wink at Tyler before he stepped back and kicked the door wide open.

I adore Winter but I get cold so easily 😂

I'm going to look at cameras soon (yay) so that's a bonus I guess.

sigh