thirteen

shit im so tired

•••

Tyler rolled his eyes as Ruby jumped over the counter, heading straight for the jewellery cabinet. Money and food, what they were supposed to steal, obviously weren't on her list of necessities.

Josh made an amused noise from where he was guarding the crying hostages, and winked at Tyler as the latter began to work in collecting all the money.

" Just shut the hell up, would you?" Josh screamed, shoving the gun into an older man's face. He sneered, cocking his head tauntingly as the man sobbed.

" You gonna cry, old man?" He raised an eyebrow and moved the gun to point at a woman holding a crying baby. " This your beautiful, perfect family?"

Tyler coughed loudly at the word 'beautiful' and Josh turned, winking at him. " No need to be jealous babe."

Tyler rolled his eyes and sat on the counter, swinging his legs and watched Josh snatch the baby up from her arms.

The lady screamed and Josh took the time to shove the gun into her open mouth, simply clicking the trigger to blow her brains out.

Her limp body fell to the ground and Tyler took his time in strolling over, taking the money out of her pockets and moved to rest his chin on Josh's shoulder.

Josh turned and muttered something that Tyler couldn't make out, nuzzling his nose against Tyler's hair.

" You do the honours, babe?" Tyler giggled and moved in front of Josh, letting the older boy wrap his fingers around his own, positioning the gun.

Ruby held the baby, cradling and cooing at it.

" Ready, Ty?" Tyler nodded, grinning and let his finger pull the trigger on the now dead man, laughing loudly.

" What a rush!" He screamed and ran around the room, ignoring the growing sirens.

" Shit," Josh murmured and grabbed the baby out of Ruby's hands. The girl let out a noise of annoyance, glaring at Josh, who glared right back. " I'm sorry, do you want to take care of this machine ready to slow us down and get us killed! Think fucking correctly, Ruby!"

" Don't fucking swear." Tyler giggled, still running around the room as Ruby cried, furiously wiping her eyes and started laughing.

Josh ran a hand down his face. " Children."

The sirens stopped and a man's voice shouted through the darkness, telling them to 'give themselves up and they wouldn't get hurt' as if they were stupid or something.

The tall boy threw the sobbing baby somewhere near the wall and grabbed Ruby's hand and Tyler's wrist, pulling them to the fire escape at the back of the store.

The officers burst through the door, find raised and found Josh's moving body at the back.

" Stop now, or we shoot!" One officer shouted and raised his gun to Josh.

The green haired boy smirked and picked off a bit of dried blood from his finger. He raised two fingers in a salute and turned back, running into the darkness as the officers rained bullets after him.

•••

I know this is short but I wrote Josh and it autocorrected to daddy I'm scREAMING