CH.8: Secrets and Promises -pt.3

"I can hurt myself but I could never bring myself to hurt you."

Warning- this chapter deals with self harm.
It is not graphic, but if you think you might be prone to relapsing, or if it's a sensitive subject for you, please be advised and feel encouraged to skip over this chapter.

~Ashton's POV~

We are hugging my mom bye at the airport, Elise went first and then excused herself to the bathroom, So its just me and the boys.

After mom hugs all the boys she turns to us before hugging me;
"Boys, j-just be safe."
I put a hand on her shoulder as I am taller than her, have been for quite some time.
"Mom, we'll be fine. she'll be fine."
Luke stands infront of mom,
"We got her. I promise."
She nods and finally hugs me,
"I don't know why I am worried about her, its you guys I should be worried about."
I feel her snicker and then she pulls away and walks past the gate as Elise walks up.

I can understand why mom is so protective of Elise, she thinks of her as the daughter she never had.
When mom was pregnant they were told I was a girl, They even had a pink room ready and everything. Let's just say they got a surprise when I was born.
Grandma gave mom a heart necklace for her 'girl' but died before I was born. She kept the necklace and in middle school gave it to Elise.

I am interrupted from my thoughts by Elise speaking, "So....we still have one last day left of summer left..."
"BEACH!"
Luke and Michael shouted before I even knew she was standing there.
"Agahh! Guys, indoor voices" Calum whines
***

I spread out my beach towel on the sand, careful not to get any sand on it. I lay down and take out my book that I had started to read on the plane ride over, "City of Fallen Angles"

I look above the top of my book to see Luke running into the water, Calum running behind him, and Ashton running up behind Calum to push him into the water.
I snicker to myself and continue in my book.
I lose track of time and I look at the top of the page and see I have read eleven chapters since the plane ride.

My eyes drift off to the side to try to get my eyes to adjust, and I stop. My watch had slid and I could see my cuts.

I started three years ago in the summer before freshmen year. This summer however, has been the worst summer with my mother. I started to cut on my wrist this summer, I have only cut a couple times on my wrist, the rest is on my thighs.
I look down and see that my shorts had risen up and my red scares were visible, I gently 
pull my shorts down and rub my fingers over my shorts.

I quickly force my book on my lap and it covers my shorts when Ashton runs up to me.
"We need you to play chicken with us."
Ashton says as his sopping wet hair drips on me, "Ashton, there's four of you guys."
I say as I wipe the drops of water from Ashton's hair off of me; "Michael refuses." He pouts.

"Is he still building that stupid sandcaAAA"
Ashton picks me up by waist and throughs me over his shoulders And heads toword the water, I try to hit him and to kick, I finally realise that he is just too strong but I do not surrender, he finally reaches the water and he goes in just under waist deep, and throws me in.

"Is he still building that stupid sandcaAAA"Ashton picks me up by waist and throughs me over his shoulders And heads toword the water, I try to hit him and to kick, I finally realise that he is just too strong but I do not surrender, he finally re...