CH. 13: White Lies And Recerd Deals

"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

Elise's POV

"I got popcorn looser." I say and slap the bowl on the coffee table and jump on the couch beside Micheal. "Thanks." He mumbles, reaches for the bowl and tosses a piece up.
"Is that Luke's sweatpants?" He points out my clothes. I look down and shrug. "Yeah. And Ashton's Blink 182 hoodie, and Calum's soccer shirt under" I say lifting up the hoodie. "And my beanie!" He says taking it off my head laughing.
"Hey, if you guys leave your clothes in Ashton and I's room, don't be upset when I wear them." I say and pick up the controller.
"Fair enough." He shrugs starting a game so we can play together. "Also, I'm a teenage girl with no real parents in my life with four teenage boys as my overbearing guardians, in a country I'm not even from. I think I can borrow a hoodie." I sass off throwing popcorn up and catching it. Micheal sits back "wow. never though of it like that. We all have parents to come home to right around the block..and you... don't. I'm sorry." He softly says looking off.

I sit in silence for a moment before he continues. "Elsie we don't mean to be so hard on you all the time. If I'm honest I think Ashton can go too far sometimes." I sigh. "He can be a lot. You all can. But I just remind myself it's cause you guys care." "Exactly." He emphasizes selecting the game level.
"Where did the boys go again?" I ask changing the subject.
"Oh um- they went- grocery shopping I think." Micheal stutters. "Oh. All three of them?"
"Uh yeah they get lost so it's a three person job." "Oh. Okay." I mumble.

~Ashtons POV~

"Guys, I feel really bad about lying to Elise"
I am tapping the steering week anxiously.
"Ash, don't be. And we aren't lying to her.
Michael is." Luke says trying to cheer him up.
"That's why we left Michael there, remember?"Calum chimes in trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah, I know, I just dont feel right about this."
"Ashton, its just a meeting, its not like she's our girlfriend and we're sneaking out to cheat on her." Calum says rolling up his window as we pull up on the giant parking lot.
Luke turns off the GPS and we all step out.
I'm nervous, really nervous. We've never had a meeting like this before, and I hate doing it on bad terms- lying to Elie.
And not having Micheal with us either. Elsie has been having more frequent panic attacks and has bad separation anxiety so I don't like to leave her at the house alone for too long.

I get home and the door slowly opens.
We walk in to see Michael and Elise on the couch, playing video games with random bags of Cheetos and chips everywhere.
"NO FAIR! I SHOT YOU LIKE, FOUR TIMES! WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD!" I hear Elise scream in her american accent.
"Its called 'Lives', you'd know that, but you use them all!"
"Says the one who just got killed!"
"SAYS THE ONE WHO'S DEAD!"
"OKAY! Children!" I cut them off.

I look to Calum and then then to Luke, who was daydreaming. I step on his shoe, he shoots a glare at me then remembers the plan we rehearsed in the car.
"Ugh, what is that smell." Calum scrunches his nose.
"That's horrific!" Luke says using the bottom of his shirt to cover his noise.
"Michael, go take a bath!"
I say and point up the stairs. "I just had a bath yesterday! Maybe its Elise." He snorts pressing the button on his controller harder, concentrated on the game. "Or maybe it's the Cheetos Micheal spilt everywhere" Elise throws her controller to the side then slouches with crossed arms. She always gets upset at video games easily.

Luke and I look at each other and go over to the couch. Calum grabs the controller out of Micheals hand, Luke and I
Grab Michael by the arms and drag him upstairs while calum happily takes his place in the game beside Ellie.

We make it to my room, we push Michael inside, throw him on my bed and shut the door.
"WHAT THE F-"
"SHH!" We put our hands over his mouth.
He snatches our hands from his mouth.
"You better have an explication and it better be good!"
He whisper yells.

"We got it.
We got the record deal."