CH. 24: Phone Breaks Hearts Shatter

"I thought you helped me heal, but no, you just broke me more." -unknown

Luke hops over the sofa we are all sitting on to get the door. He opens it and three guys of security barge in with Christmas hats, Christmas lights, boxes, and a Christmas tree.
"Ho ho ho!" One said as they make their way to the fireplace.
"Um, come in?" Luke says sarcastically and shuts the door.
"Listen, we felt bad about the snow storm and not being able to go home and all for Christmas, so- we did some shopping."
They say as one starts to set up the Christmas tree by the fireplace.
"Aw, thanks guys but honestly it was nice enough for you guys to find this pint house for us to stay at, you didn't have to do all this." Calum insists.
"Don't mention it. You guys are our little kids." "Our little annoying, bratty, insane, kids." Another one said. "We're sorry you guys have to spend Christmas on tour too" Ashton sympathizes.

We spend the evening helping decorate the tree and eating take out pizza.
The security doesn't stay long and soon it's just us. We all sit on the couch and watch Christmas movies.

One phone from the stack of all our phones on the coffee table started to ring the default ringtone we all have, we all check our phones and discovered mine was ringing. The boys all stared at me, I stood up and walked out the door before answering.

"Hello?" I ask then a short silence comes before the person answers.
The voice I eminently recognized and my phone dropped from my hand.

I press the end button at 1 minute 34 seconds and just run. Well, I'm still in crutches so I go as fast as I can. I ran to the end of the hall, past the elevator and down the stairs, and didn't stop until I was in front of Big Ben. I sit on a bench and catch my breath. When I can breath again I look up at the tall clock tower.
going to city after city, I had almost forgotten that we were in London on tour.
I look around at the beautiful Christmas lights that reflect off the snow, as if on que, a cold breeze came threw and I remembered I'm in a short sleeve. I feel pain in my legs. I probably shouldn't have done all of that.

My phone buzzes and my heart sinks, frightened of my last call, I look at the caller ID hesitantly and it was Caspar.

"Hello?"
"I hope you have fun stuck with the boys who left you. Should've known. In high school I had to sit with you at lunch because they LEFT YOU. I was there for you, THEY WERN'T. You made the biggest mistake of your life. Don't crawl to me when you get hurt when they leave you again just like everybody else."

I hung up and I threw my phone on the sidewalk as hard as I could, it busted into pieces and I just covered my face with my hands but no tears came.
No matter how much I just wanted to cry, I couldn't. No matter how much I didn't want Caspar to leave, I knew I didn't feel the same about him anymore.

I feel alone but I keep going back to just 10 minutes ago when I was sitting next to Luke and Ashton on the couch. Everything was perfect.

I look up at Big Ben, I had been gone for twenty minutes. I look down at my shattered phone still on the sidewalk in front of me. I stand up and pick up the phone. My legs feel like needles as I walk I feel a hand on my shoulder and spin me around.
"Oh my god Elise!" Before I could see the face I am in a hug, but by the cent I could tell it's Michael. "Luke! Over here!" He yells.
"I'm going to go find the other boys." I look up the strip to see Luke running up not far away.
Michael runs off to the other boys and Luke runs up and picks me up in a hug.
"Elise what were you thinking!? Don't do that!"
I don't say anything but without thinking twice I hug back tightly.

"Why did you run off? why didn't you answer to any of my calls?"
I pulled away,"well, I think I have a good excuse of not calling."
"oh yeah? Try me." He dares.
I turn around, pick up my phone, and hand it to Luke.
"Wha-" he just stares at it.
"Elise, what happened? Did you do this?"
I nod. "Elie, why? Who called?" He asked in a soft tone concerned.
I look to the ground, "Elise. Who ca-"
"My mother. And then Casper."
Luke doesn't respond for a while,
"How?! You blocked her number"
"I don't know."
"What did she-" he stops before finishing.
"Me. She wants me." I wince at the pain of standing. Luke helps me to the bench
"Elise what are you talking about?"
"She said she was giving me until Christmas to come home, or- or one way or another I'll come home. So I just ran, ended up here, then Caspar called and told me you guys would just leave me again, I threw my phone, and here we are."

The other boys soon come around the corner, the boys carry me to the room and Luke explains what happened.
"I just don't understand, why now? She didn't she want you 17 years ago." Calum states. "Calum!!" Ashton glares at him. "Sorry" Calum mumbles.
"It's okay. I blocked every way for her to get in touch with me, then, remember when those fans surrounded us going in the hotel? A news man was in the crowed, apparently from a news station my mother watches. After that it was simple."
"Well, there's no way she can get you, now you are constantly around our security. And us." Michael insures.
"And as far as Caspar, we will deal with him when we go back home." Ashton says as he walks over and kisses my forehead.
"Get some sleep."

*****************************************
A/N
So.....hi.

So, yeah, I'm not too sure what's going to happen next and I'm a little stuck.

comment what you want to happen and stay patient for the next update.

-Darcy