CH.25: Guitars and (hospital) Gowns

"The sad truth is, so many people are in love and not together and so many people are together and not in love."
-unknown

Elise's POV-

I am sitting on the couch watching tv in the pint house alone. the boys did a make-up concert because the one last week got canceled. I usually go to their shows and stay backstage but their concerts are just so loud for me and I didn't feel like dealing with it tonight so I stayed in the hotel alone.
I am interrupted from watching Jimmy Neutron when John comes in and around the corner to me. John is part of security and a lot of times my "personal security guard" at the request of the boys. The deal is I have to have a security guard whenever I'm not with the boys on tour, which can get annoying sometimes. Especially with my mother and all of that situation, the boys are really protective on tour.

"John, why are you here?" I say looking over my shoulder at him.
"Never left. The boys left me here with you." "Seriously? The deal is you have to be with me when I leave."
"Listen, the crowd is really crazy back at the concert and I need to go help." He says ignoring my comment.
"Ok?" I hesitate.
He lets out a large sigh.
"The boys gave me clear instructions not to leave you alone, and you know that. It's my job. Look, you can just sit back stage, but we have to go." "No way!"

I am sitting on a storage crate back stage with ear plugs on, swinging my feet. I can feel the vibration of the music and I start to feel some panic but I use my inhaler and my breathing returns to normal.
I stop and think about the boys.
The boys have came so far, from playing with legos in kindergarten to playing in Arenas. Sometimes this all just doesn't seem real. Most times it doesn't seem real.

Suddenly I see the boys rush backstage and in the minst of them- Andrew. He's one of their bass players, never officially met him, just know of him.

Andrew looks sweaty and hot and the boys set him down on another storage crate a few yards from me, I take out my ear plugs to hear whats going on.

"Are you sure you're alright mate?" I hear Ashton ask him, all the boys kneeling to his level.
"Yeah, just need to sit for a minute." Andrew mumbles.
" No. Your sitting down for the rest of the gig. You almost passed out out there."
Luke insists.
"No! You guys need another bass!"
"Ill manage." Calum states then looks up and spots me. "Elise?" He says in a question. "Wait! ELISE!" Micheal says as if he's just got an idea. Everyone looks to him, not knowing where he is going with this.
Micheal runs over to me and then the boys follow, forgetting about Andrew.

Michael gets on a knee so he's eye level with me sitting "Elise! You played bass in high school!" All the boys face changed like why didn't think of it.
I gulped. I knew where he was going.
"Uh- no no no- I don't do crowds-"
"You'll be fine Elie, I won't leave your side, and they'll love you!" Calum comforts. "Pleeeeasee" Ashton pleads.
"It'll be just like when we used to play together in Luke's garage" Calum insists.
"Exactly I haven't played with you guys since then!"
"We need you" Luke softly speaks as we hear the crowd get louder.
I let out a deep breath. "Do you have a lefty guitar?"
They all cheer and Luke throws me over his shoulder and they carry me on stage and at the sight of the boys the crowd screams even louder. Luke, without turning to me, reaches for my hand and holds it a quick second and squeezes it before letting go.

 Luke, without turning to me, reaches for my hand and holds it a quick second and squeezes it before letting go