CH.10: Messups and Moms

"Friends and birthdays come around every year in different numbers."
-unknown

Calum's POV

I grab a towel out of my locker, wiping sweat away from my head. "Man, I really hate gym." Micheal mumbles. "Yeah tell me about it."
Ashton says taking stuff out of his locker.

"Aye Ellie you coming to the party tonight?" Elliot points at Elise walking past in the hall.
"Yeah, definitely"  "cool"
they do a fist bump and as she walks to our lockers.
"Uh what was that?" Micheal asks.
"A party at Elliot's house" she shrugs and walks off annoyed.
We look at each other in confusion but brush it off.

"ELLIE MS HEMMINGS IS BUYING US FOOD DO YOU WANT CHINESE OR PIZZA?!" I yell up the stairs, the boys playing video games in the living room. We just got done rehearsing our music since we've been home from school.

Elise comes down stairs in a tight red mini skirt and simple black top. "Neither." She states picking up keys off the table at the back of the couch.
In unison all the boys turn to look "Uh Elise, where the fuck do you think you're going and what the fuck do you think you're wearing?" Ashton says with a sigh, concentrating back on his game.
"A party" she simply responds.
"No you're not." Luke states.
"Oh so you guys are my dad now?" She dryly sasses back standing still.
"Elise, house parties are when girls get raped and kidnapped, there's a 104% chance Jaden is going to be there, and you're wearing barely any clothing. We don't have to be your dad to tell you that's a really bad decision." I explain. "House parties attract bad people." Ash adds.

"So I'm a bad person for wanting to go to a party?" She asks frustrated crossing her arms. We look at each other but don't respond. "But you guys aren't bad people for forgetting my birthday?" She asks hurt.

Shit.
We forgot about her birthday.
I feel awful.

The boys eminently freeze. Luke slowly turns off the video game. "Yeah. Guess we are." Micheal whispers.
"Ellie-" Ashton starts "You're sorry? Oh let me guess, you feel bad now? You don't know how could you forget? Yeah. I don't know either." she whispers the last part. She looks really hurt and it breaks my heart.

"Ellie, we really messed up. We'll go to the party with you" Luke suggests. She freezes.
"No. I'm going alone." Elise demands standing tall with tears threatening to come down from her eyes.
"But-" I start but Micheal touches my arm.
"Elise, Elliot is Jaden's best friend-" Luke completes my thought.

She glares dramatically.
"Happy fucking birthday to me." She mumbles heading for the door.
"Elise wait!" Ashton stands up and she turns around. He goes up to her and hugs her. She doesn't resist but doesn't hug back.

"I'm so sorry. We'll make it up to you."
"Then fucking let me go to the party!" She demands stepping back.
He nods "go". We gasp. Elise looks up at him in shock.
"Ash-" Luke starts.
"Seriously??" She asks in hesitation. Ashton nods. She runs up and hugs him this time, he hugs back tighter.
She lifts her head up in a serious tone.

"You guys aren't going to sneak there to spy on me?" She crosses her arms.
"No." Ashton shakes his head. She looks at him in a questioning look. "I promise." He states holding out his pinky for a pinky promise.
"Be responsible, and text me to pick you up."
Elise stands in amazement then walks out the door without saying anything else "Happy-" he starts but the door slams.

At 2 a.m Ashton comes in with Ellie because he rode his penny board to go to the party to drive her back so she wouldn't drive drunk.

"Surprise!" Me Luke and Micheal proudly yell from the kitchen. We all attempted to make a birthday cake while she was gone and Ashton made a 'Happy Birthday' banner. Took Ashton the entire time and he got tape stuck in his hair. The kitchen is a complete mess and I'm not sure the cake is too edible, but we tried. We really feel shitty. We just want to make it up the best we can.

"That's so   Sweet" she slurs. Coming around to the counter clearly intoxicated. My jaw clenched to think of what boys could've taken advantage of her tonight. "Elise we are really sorry we forgot your birthday." Ashton says coming around with her hugging her. "Yeah. We are really shitty for that." We do a group hug until she breaks away and looks at the other counter "And you have alcohol!" She points. I giggle "oh we aren't going to let you be the only one having a good time tonight" I say opening a beer.

All of the boys and Elise get one and we toast to Ellie.

We spend the rest of the night eating cake and drinking.

Elise's POV

I wake up beside the toilet in the downstairs bathroom, guess I blacked out while puking. "Ugh my head" I mumble. I hear a giggle behind me I turn to see Micheal standing in the doorframe.
"Your first hangover?" He mumbles. "No, I've been sneaking out for forever, it's just my worst hanger over." He snickers "I know. Don't tell the other guys though. Call me up next time and I'll sneak out with you." "But how did you-" I was about to ask and he cuts me off "Here take this" he tosses me Advil.

"How was the party?" He asks helping me up as I groan. "It was fun." I smile. "Good. I'm glad." He helps time to the couch in the living room where Luke was passed out. We sit down and he wakes up.
"Something weird happened though" I say in another tone as Calum comes around the corner looking rough with no shirt and messy hair. "What happened?" He asks yawning, hearing my last sentence and sitting on the couch with us. "My mom...called me. And her number was blocked." The boys' face change.

"What did she say?" Micheal asks.
"She...wants me to come back to America." Ashton walks around and to the couch "what are we talking about?" He plops down beside me. "Elise's mom called and wants her to go back to America." Calum blurts. Ashton sits up. "Are you serious?" He asks clenching his jaw.
"What does she want?" Ashton asks.
"She wants her back..." Luke trails off.
"Listen don't worry about it, ok? You're staying here that was an agreement." Ash says kissing my forehead before I had the chance to respond. Luke's phone rings on the coffee table and I look at it. "Don't pick that up!" I yell snatching his arm away from reaching it.

"That's my mom's number."