Chapter 7 (Tell)

"I win." Eren mouths at Reiner, a smirk growing on his face.

Reiner's face is doing the opposite, eyes darkening. You look at both of the guys. They look like they're about to fight, fists curling and unconsciously getting into their fighting positions.

"Eren, come with me." You grab his arm, dragging him away. He protests all the way to the stables.

"Sit down." You push him toward a bench.

"But I..."

"Is that an excuse I hear?" You scowl at him. "Sit. Down."

"Okay, fine." He makes a big show of plopping on the bench.

"What was that back there?"

"What was what?"

"Are you kidding me? Answer the question."

"If you're asking me about Reiner, then I was protecting you! I said I'd do that, didn't I? I just think he's a bit... high-strung."

The fight in the office had been very... interesting. That's true.

"Eren."

"Yeah?" He looks up at you with eyes that were almost too green.

"I can handle some things on my own, you know."

"I know, I just... I want to protect you as best as I can. Anyone who can do... that to a friend..." He trails off.

"I know. He wasn't going to hurt me, though. The problem is, I think his next target was about to be you."

"I know. I was ready to hurt him if he tried anything with you."

"You... were?"

"You're welcome!" Eren rolls his eyes.

"That wasn't a 'thank you'!"

"Oh. It wasn't a thank y-" He's cut off by Jean, rushing through the door.

"Eren! (Y/n)! There you are!" He storms toward the two of you, roughly pulling Eren up. He extends a hand to you, which you ignore, standing up.

"What's this about, Horsey?" Eren asks.

"Captain Shorty wants to see you both. Everyone's looking for you. Apparently, you're in big trouble." He smiles at Eren. "Very big trouble."

"Shut up." Eren glowers at the taller boy.

"Whatever. Come on, follow me." He turns his back to the two of you. "That wasn't an invitation. You can't politely decline. Come on." He says when you and Eren don't follow immediately.

"There you are." Levi is sitting at his desk. He has an annoyed look on his face, like there were a million things he'd rather be doing. "Sit down, brats."

You and Eren sit. "What's this about?" Eren asks.

"This is about what you came in earlier for. You were camping, right?"

You shake your head as Eren nods his.

"What's the real answer?"

You both glumly nod your heads.

"Tch." Lev makes a note of it in a stack of papers. "Did anything happen, titan-wise?"

"No." Eren says.

"That explains the bones we saw. This would be so much easier if you'd tell the truth."