Chapter 8 (Tell)

After about an hour of being bombarded by questions from Levi, the two of you are finally let out. It's already lunch. The two of you head to your usual table, next to Mikasa, Armin, Sasha, and Connie. Sometimes other people join you, but it was always those four.

Unless one of them got sick (Which happened sometimes) or died. (You were hoping the last one didn't happen.)

"Hey, guys." Eren nods to them, sitting next to Armin. You sit across from him, next to Sasha.

"Hey. Why weren't you at breakfast?" Armin asks, his pale blue eyes worried. "Levi took you, and next thing you know, there are rumors of a fight in his office! What happened?" He's trembling a little now.

"We're fine, Armin. Ravioli just took us in for some questions." You say, trying to sound reassuring. Of course your voice wobbles a little when you say it.

"I heard Bertl, Reindeer, and Annie were in there too." Connie pipes up, dropping some of his bread onto Sasha's plate.

"Well, that's a rumor...." Eren says. He doesn't sound so sure of himself. "Yes, definitely a rumor." He coughs, stuffing some food into his mouth and averting his eyes.

"Riiight, and you two aren't acting suspicious." Sasha smiles, then takes another bite of bread.

"Shut up...." Eren blushes.

"Aha! So something did happen!" Connie smirks, arching an eyebrow.

"Dude, I told you. Shut up!" Eren throws a tiny bit of bread at Connie. His face is red, though.

Connie catches the bread, lightly tossing it back to Eren. "Woah, woah. You just crossed the line."

"What line?" Eren asks, annoyed.

"This one." Connie draws a line in the air around him.

"Well, I didn't see it. I'm really not sorry." Eren sticks his tongue out.

"And that. That hit me right here." Connie points to his chest, where his heart was. Sasha punches him lightly on the arm.

"So what happened with you two?" Armin asks you.

"Nothing, I was just sleepwalking and Eren had to come and get me." You laugh unconvincingly. "Then one of the higher-ups saw us walking back to our rooms."

"What? That's not wha - ow!" Eren had protested. You kicked his leg to make him shut up, though. "I mean, she was really out! I've never actually seen her sleepwalk before. First time for everything, I guess." He shrugs with nonchalance.

"Yeah, he had to splash some cold water on me! Crazy, right?" You silently thank Eren for changing the story. He nods, like he heard your thoughts. "Speaking of cold water, I'm pretty thirsty. Eren. Come with me to the pump?" You ask. Sasha and Connie snicker, making Armin look to them in confusion. His whole expression said, 'What?' Connie jerked his head toward you and Eren and makes a kissing face. Armin's face goes red and his eyes widen. He sits back down, looking back to the book he was reading.

"C-Connie... It-it's not like that!" Eren's face is an identical shade to Armin's. "R-really!"

"Fine, just don't get caught. Bye, lovebirds." Connie smirks. "Have fun."

"Shut up..." Eren glowers at Connie, then grins. "Dude, me and (y/n)... We're not like that. Not what you think we are, at least. Stop it. You'll humiliate yourself." Eren pauses. "Well, you'll humiliate yourself more than you already have." He grabs youLr hand, walking away.

Connie gapes at him as Sasha cackles, hitting him on the arm. "You just got TOLD by the Angry German Kid!" She doubles over, snatching the last of Connie's bread.

"Hey!" He protests.

As soon as you get out of earshot of everyone, you let go of his hand. He's still stubbornly holding on, though. And running. He's running very fast. So you stop. His hand disconnects from yours as his momentum brings him sprawling a few yards away.

"Ow... What was that for?" He rubs his arm.

"What was what for? I'm just getting water." You say.

"(Y/n)... You have something to tell me, don't you?" He stands up, looking you in the eye with his green eyes. "You can tell me whatever you need me to. You can trust me. With anything."

"Come with me, then." You take a deep breath, leading him toward the stables. "We just need to hope horse face isn't in here, meeting his family or whatever..."

"Look, I think I'm ready to let our superiors know about the whole... you know. That whole thing. That we talked about. A while ago. You know? That thing?" You say to Eren after the two of you had checked the stables to make sure there were only horses and hay. (No, Jean doesn't count as a horse. Maybe in a past life.)

"The big scary human-eating-thing? That thing? Or another thing?" Eren asks, flopping next to you on a pile of hay. It wasn't a very big pile of hay, though. That meant the two of you were sitting pretty close together.

"The first one. You can tell them about that." You smile, what you hoped was reassuring.

"And you're completely sure of that." Eren says.

"Yes. Tell them." You say, smiling.

(A/N) Hey guys! Sorry I didn't get this chapter out earlier, but this week has been pretty busy. Thank you for reading this, I really hope you're liking it!
See you through the screen!
~Riz33n