Chapter 12 (Stay)

A long fight ensued, and finally Eren's side won. He came inside, brows furrowed and a nervous look in his eye.

"(Y/n)." He's acting like a kid, avoiding your gaze and shuffling his feet. "We should go back."

"Yeah." You follow him outside, feeling slightly dazed.

Why, though?

Levi and Hanji are hoisting Reiner into a wheeled trolley that dragged behind their horses. Eren lifts you onto a horse, getting on his own soon after. Levi flicked a match, about to drop it on the tree.

"Stop."

Everyone seemed taken aback by the sudden word from your lips.

"Stop? Why?" Levi's lip curled.

"Because Bertl's still in there."

"Him? Please just let me do this. Besides, you don't know him like I do." He turned his face away. "Promise me, (Y/n). Promise you won't go near any of them ever again."

"I promise. Just don't drop the match." You say softly, eyes closing, and only one thought ricocheting through your head.

I shouldn't have promised to anything.

It took so long to get back, and when you did, it was early in the morning. You were half asleep and hungry.

"Hey. (Y/n). We're here." Eren's face appeared next to yours.

"Eren? Can I get something to eat?"

"Sure..." He helped you off the horse.

"Now, let's go." You say, regaining your balance.

He nodded without a word and guided you to the eating area.

After a quick meal of some leftover broth and bread, Eren had guided you back to your room. You had fallen asleep around halfway, so he had carried you. Now, sitting in bed, a million questions bubbled through your mind. The main one, though, was, What does Levi know about Bertl?

You shook your head, pulling the covers over yourself. You were asleep before a minute passed.

Not noticing the figure in a darkened corner.

(A/N) School and stuff happened. I'm so sorry for not updating sooner.