Chapter Thirty: It's About To Go Down

My whole body betrayed me as soon as the knife left my hand. I didn't know where that came from and why I would ever aim for Steve like that. But whatever the reason of why I did that, Rumlow was extremely pleased. If I did have control over my body I would have wiped the smug expression right off of his face.

"Alright Smith, let's go," he said in a hurried voice, gripping my upper arm tight as he lead me out of the room.

I saw out of the corner of my eye, Bucky, was watching us. His eyes catching mine for one single moment. I wondered if  mine  looked as empty as his did. Was he trapped inside his own mind like I was? Or was he too far gone? Would I be that way soon? 

Rumlow lead me out of the room and into a large van. Bucky was right behind the two of us, he was all suited up now. No need for his mask now that we all knew who he was. I myself was in a leather one piece suit, with a Hydra symbol on the sleeve. I wanted to rip it off. 

"Okay, when we get there the two of you are going to sit into a room until further orders. Understand?" he barked orders at us. The two of us simply nodded, not like there was much else we could do. My body betraying me once more.

As soon as the van stopped we all exited and headed straight for the SHIELD building. There was no time to waste now. They were initiating the launch today, and I was on the wrong side with no control over myself. That made me dangerous. I needed someone to take me out. Steve would never do it, maybe I could will myself to go after Natasha. She would have the courage to know what was best. She would put me down if it came to it. But my orders were to go after Steve with Bucky. 

We were in a room together, my eyes instantly locking onto his metal arm. Another memory flashed through my mind. 

It was a cold night, I remembered being huddled in the corner of the room. A small thin blanket was draped over me. I tried to cover myself the best I could. Shivers ran through my body. I had to be fifteen at the time.  Barely old enough to make my own decisions, either way Hydra made all of them for me. 

A man with long dark hair walked by me, the familiar look of a metal arm flashed by me. I tried not making eye contact. He intimidated me. I never knew where he stood and overtime we were in a battle sequence he had no expression on his face. There were no emotions and that made him even scarier. 

I saw him look my way, barely glimpsing at me. But I cowered under his tiny stare. I didn't know what to do with myself in front of him. He disappeared out of the room, which allowed me to relax a little. He then reentered the room and he was carrying something. I tried my best to avoid eye contact once more but he was heading directly for me. 

Before I could get up and move out of the way he handed me something. It was an extra blanket. I looked at it hesitantly but he gave me a reassuring nod, as if telling me it was okay to take it from him. I grabbed and instantly welcomed the warmth it provided, then when I looked up again he was gone. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Bucky nudged me. He pointed towards the T.V we had in our room. The screen had been taken over by Pierce, who was giving his speech of how he would save the world. Honestly if I was in control over my body I would have gagged out loud. 

He was talking to the Council Members and we were all watching. 

"I know the road hasn't been exactly smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally, we're here, and the world should be grateful," he started, addressing all of SHIELD. 

Then before he could speak any further he was replaced on the screen by Steve, who couldn't have showed up soon enough. My heart leapt with pride at seeing him and I knew I could count on him to save the day. 

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me, and even Agent Morgan Smith, over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what you think it is, it has been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are apart of Hydra as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want; absolute control. They even have control over Agent Smith," he said sullenly, looking down for a moment. But he then continued on with his speech. "They shot Nick Fury and it won't stop there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. It's one I know Agent Smith would pay if she hadn't been brainwashed by these corrupt men. And if I'm the only one left to do it, then so be it. But, I'm willing to bet I'm not," Steve finished his speech and the screen went blank.

I knew what was going to come next wasn't going to be fun for either of us.

~A/N YAY another update! I am slowly getting out of the writers block funk I was in and I am so excited about it. But sadly this book is almost finished.. There are probably only a few more chapters left to write. But let me know if you guys would enjoy a third one? I know I would love to write another one! Anyways if you liked this chapter please leave a vote or a comment, or both! They are all so appreciated, it makes my day to see a comment from you guys! I try my best to reply to them all! Anyways have a wonderful day everyone!~