Chapter Thirty-Four: This Isn't The End

My eyes slowly opened, and there was a bright light above me. I did my best to remember where I was. I looked at the ceiling not moving for a moment, then I turned and saw there were monitors on my left. I looked over to my right and saw Steve laid out on a hospital bed. I frantically sat up, trying to make my way to his bed.

"Easy Morgan," I heard a familiar voice. I looked past Steve and saw Sam stand up. He made his way towards me, standing beside my bed.

"What happened? Why am I here? Please tell me he is okay," I frantically asked all at once.

"You and Steve fell in the water, he took most of the impact so other than a few bruises you're fine. If he hadn't taken the blunt of the fall you wouldn't have made it. But he's fine, super serum and everything," Sam explained.

"Then why the hell am I in this bed?" I asked angrily. I hated being in hospitals.

"Well Hill thought you could use some much needed rest. The both of you," he told me.

I relaxed slightly and leaned back in the bed.

"Has he woken up at all?" I asked Sam.

"Once, he had the same frantic questions. He wouldn't stop checking to see if you were okay," Sam informed me. "You kept saying his name over and over again in your sleep. If I wasn't so worried about the two of you I would have barfed by now."

I let out a laugh at what he said. His own smile had made its way to his face.

My hand then made its way to my throat, noticing the collar was now gone. I let out a sigh of relief knowing I had my powers back and could use them to my own free will.

"On your left," Steve's voice said.

"Actually you'r on our right, but I'll let it slide," I told him, hoping I would see him smile. It worked and he smiled at me, his whole face lighting up.

"I'll give you two a second," Sam said, before exiting the room.

I decided since there wasn't anything wrong with me to yank out the IV. I made my way over to his hospital bed and crawled in beside him.

"You scared me half to death up there Rogers," I told him, placing my hand in his. He squeezed it tightly.

"I know and I plan to make it up to you for the rest of our lives," he told me, reaching over to the night stand and pulling out the velvet box. "I had Sam put it there for me."

He popped open the box and there was a simple band with a single diamond perched on top.

"I know this isn't an ideal situation to ask you, well ask you for the second time," he started saying. "But when Hydra took you I was out of my mind with worry and regret, I wish it had been me they had captured. I couldn't imagine a world without you. Please give me the honor of being your husband, will you marry me Morgan?"

At this point there were tears streaming down my face. After everything we have been through I couldn't imagine this going any other way.

"Of course I'll marry you Steve," I told him, placing both hands on his cheeks. I kissed him, not wanting to let go.

Steve pulled away, placing my hand in his and slid the ring onto my left finger. I couldn't believe how happy I was in this moment. Even though it didn't seem like the perfect place, both of us crammed onto a hospital bed, there wasn't any other way I would have wanted this to happen.

"Is this why you and Nat were being so sneaky at Sam's?" I asked him, eyebrow raised.

His cheeks went pink for a moment and I knew I had hit the nail on the head. I had wondered why they were being so sneaky that day, but I never got the chance to ask.

"It was. She was the closest family you had, and I wanted to ask permission. As lame as that sounds," he told me.

"It doesn't sound lame, it's very sweet and one of the many reasons I love you," I told him, giving him another kiss.

Then we heard a voice clear behind us, the two of us pulled apart. Both of our cheeks were bright pink. Sam was standing in the doorway.

"Now that the love fest is over, let's get out of here," he told us. "Hospitals freak me out."

"I think they're kind of sweet," I said with a smile. My complete outlook changing.

"You would," Sam replied sarcastically.

He left the room once more, and Steve and I both got up. Grabbing all of our belongings.

"You know we still need to work on your nightmares Morgan," Steve said quietly.

"I know. But for now, let's worry about more important matters. We still have to take care of Hydra. This was a major setback for them, but this isn't the end."

"I know that, but whether you believe it or not, you're important too," he said sincerely. He came up beside me and wrapped me in a hug. I let myself relax and be engulfed by his warmth.

We both knew what the other was thinking at this point and I knew everything between us would be okay.

With each other we had everything.

~A/N alright guys only two chapters left now! Please let me know what you think! As always leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed it. I very much enjoyed the feedback on the last chapter and let me tell you it makes me feel so inspired!
So I have officially decided to do a third book! So thank you all for commenting and voting! You have all made this so much fun!
Now please please continue to do so, I love seeing what everyone has to say!
Well anyways I hope everyone has a wonderful day!~