-14-

Okay, so first of all, I want to say I really really really appreciate all the love you all show me and this series. It's definitely motivation I swear. And I'm sorry for leaving you all hanging for so long (or what seems like so long to me. lol) I'm glad that I have readers who understand life outside of wattpad . I've been feeling really crappy this past week, on top of being a full time mom and employee. I really love y'all for not cursing me out about updates. lol. So with that being said: Enjoy :)

_____

Megan.

"Freedom! Freedom! I can't move. Freedom, cut me loose! Freedom! Freedom! Where are you? Cause I need freedom too! I break chains all by myself. Won't let my freedom rot in hell. Hey! I'ma keep running
Cause a winner don't quit on themselves" Siena and I sang loudly in unison before bouncing around in our seats to the beat as we traveled down the damp expressway while Tristan sat in the back with his earphones in. He had grown accustomed to plugging his ears for the week that Siena was staying with us. He was sick of his mom and sister, but I was loving it.

I loved these "mother daughter" moments I got to share with her.

We were headed to Alysia's house for some family time, then prepare for one of our last game nights before Lee gave birth. Even Chase was going to be there which I was really excited for. I just hoped we could all have good fun with Kayla's baby dad being there.

Chase and I had grown really close, and as corny as it sounded, I felt complete in a sense. I've always been big on family and was grateful to be welcomed into my extended family, but It felt good to have someone to call my own blood, besides my son.

"You think daddy's still mad at me?" I heard Si ask pulling me away from my almost depressing thoughts. She and Trey hadn't spoken much since he called himself putting her out. Siena's feelings were hurt. She was the epitome of a daddy's girl.

Trey not speaking to Siena as he usually would probably had something to do with the fact that he wasn't speaking to me on top of him being upset with her. We hadn't spoken since the day he dropped Siena off unless it was via text messages. I wouldn't get out the car when dropping TJ and neither would Trey. I was hoping that things with us wouldn't get this awkward, but it seemed like we were trying so hard to make it not awkward, that it became that way.

I wasn't upset with Trey for having no feelings for me anymore after all these years. I was upset with myself for hoping he would.

"No." I told Siena. "I think he's just disappointed and not ready for you to grow up. You have to remember, Trey has breathed your air since before you were even born. When I met him, you were only three and he was mean as hell to me, but his whole face lit up when he had you or talked about you. I've watched him fight for you, so you being fourteen with a boyfriend is just hard for him. But you being blatantly disrespectful is a no no. I would've beat your ass." I informed her sternly making her slouch a little in her seat.

I knew her issue came from thinking Trey was looking at her as a charity case, and I wanted to explain to her that that wasn't the case. But that wasn't my place.

Pulling into Alysia's driveway, I parked behind her car and killed the engine.

Lee was waiting for us at the door and I chuckled a bit.
"Somebody missed me I see." I joked giving her a quick side hug before we all entered.
"Where's my brother in law?" I asked as I made myself comfortable at the kitchen island.
"They're all downstairs. TJ, you can go on down with the boys. Your daddy's down there." Lee told him and he disappeared into the basement soon after.