Drenched

It had been the perfect 18th birthday.Just got Mercedes delivered , Broke up with Linda and off to party on a rainy night of new york.There is some advantage of being the son of absent and rich parents. I rolled down the window as clouds crackled with thunder.I looked across the lonely street and suddenly a curious figure caught My attention.

She stood there on the pavement desperately trying to cover her lean frame under a shop awning . All drenched in rain.I quietly watched her sitting in my car.Long Dark black hair, innocent deep brown eyes set on the perfect oval face.I had offered rides to many such pretty girls, but something told me she is not one of those types. She had no accessory on, just a twinkling nose pin on her perfect angular nose.Asian? I thought and looked more keenly at her.

Ahh Indian. And suddenly my mind prefixed the thought with conservatives, mocking her in my head. Probably an introvert virgin. What will a night like this in a new York city will do to her?I felt uncomfortable with this thought.

well, it's better she spends the night in my arms than in some psychopath. I thought.

"James, park the car near that curb" I ordered him as he drove the car and parked it just inches away from her. I rolled down the window and looked at her from top to bottom.
" need a lift?" I added a hint of flirt in my tone.She looked at me with a full smile.
"Thank you sir, but I have a taxi coming in few mins. I do appreciate the offer, though"
I was taken aback.

Did she not get my intention? Is she stupid or ignorant? My god, this city will eat her inside out!

"You are drenched , you can't wait for the taxi this late. Where are you going?" this time I was genuinely concerned and frankly irritated that I want to keep her safe. She took out a small piece of paper from purse and read it line by line.

" I'm going to 8088 John Lane ,Leominster, NY 01453"

And like a complete moron she gave a complete stranger her full address.She definitely is new to this city.
If she gets in my car with my next sentence, I'm sure I cannot protect her much. It's tough to guard someone against their own stupidity. I thought sarcastically.
" I know that place. I can drop you. Get in" I offered and suddenly a taxi honked from back.
"Ahh and there it is! " she exclaimed" thanks for the offer sir" she gave her innocent smile and climbed into the taxi hurriedly.Something told me to pursue her until she reaches her home safe.Like a need to see she reaches without any harm.
"James follow that taxi" I ordered James. He nodded without questions and followed the taxi.It stopped at the given address and she got down and knocked on the door. A young Boy came out and greeted her with tight hug.I flinched under my skin. I don't know why I felt jealous. I change girls like her every 8 months. Girls go gaping over my body. But she completely ignored me.

"Let's go, James, " I asked driver as he took the nearby turn and took me to the club where friends were throwing me the party.

"He, man what's up? I heard you broke up with Linda?" Greg asked

"Ya, it was getting too easy and too talkative for my taste,"I said ignorantly.

"Do you mind if I try?" he looked at me giving a half smile.

"Ofcourse" I went passed him into the crowd. My mind still thinking about the girl on the road.There was something about her that I was unable to shake off. Sitting in the middle of these gorgeous girls throwing themselves at me I am stuck with her thought.I took my coat and walked towards the exit

"Hey Man, leaving early from your own party, and that too alone?" Greg raised an eyebrow at me

"Well ya, not much of my type here. I have got other plans" I moved passed the door.

" Ok say hi to Ricky for me," Greg said as I exited through the door and out on the road under the rain.I have to get her . I thought as i walked till the car getting drenched in the rain.

***************Authors Note******************

Do vote and comment if you like this series