Fresh Introductions

"So, Who are you Adria?"
Her eyes became sad. I wanted to wrap her in my arms and make her troubles go away. Like heck I wanted to be her friend. Like that ever worked with me.There is only one girl who was just friend, Jess. And I have never felt like this for her like I do for Adria.She had blended into the family so easily. I wanted to know her, share things with her. I looked at those coffee eyes, lost in some thoughts. I wanted to touch that stray strand of hair touching her face and tuck it back. Before I could do anything stupid she looked at me and smiled weakly
"I'm 17 not 20. I am from Mexico. My real name is Meia. I have an illegal passport to get into this country, but I have finally found peace in this city. And I don't want to go back. "Her voice trembled. She looked scared, but there was something strange about this fear. Like she feared she opened up too much to me.

"Nobody is sending you back. You can trust me on that" I looked at her reassuringly.

She shifted away from me and started washing the remaining utensils. I came next to her and stood
" Let's finish this up and i will drop you home "She hesitated for a bit and then said
"There is no need, I will be done in few minutes. Plenty of buses will be available at this time."
She obviously looked uncomfortable with my proximity at all times. I just nodded in agreement and washed utensils in silence. My arms touched her soft skin as we stood next to each other. I wanted to feel that hand, kiss them. Did she notice my hitch in breadth? I shook my head and looked at her from the corner of my eyes. She was trying hard to be ignorant but her stiff breath gave out her feelings. She was affected as much as i am but damn she was good in concealing.
We cleaned the kitchen and i dropped her till our gate.
"Good night Meia"

"Please don't call me that. I don't want people to know" And the scared look was back on her face.

"Ok, i like Adria better anyway. That is how i got to know you the first time" I smiled and her casual smile was back.

"Good night Sean" she strapped her bag in the shoulder and vanished at the end of the road. I looked at the road for a while. God I am becoming such a romantic dud.

I turned back to see James standing on the porch watching me silently.

"Good god James!, Where the hell do you come from?" I asked startled.

"I am around sir" He spoke impassively

"Any way, good you are here. I am throwing a pool party tomorrow. Can you make the arrangements?"
He nodded his head.

"Also take Ricky with you after school, I think party should be over by 8. You both can be back by then. Go to that 3D park. He has wanted to go for long"

This time James hesitated and looked at me

"What?" I asked

" It will be better if I take him to other farmhouse, school days are not good for Fun kingdom" He said thoughtfully. And this was the first time he talked like Mom.

"Okay, and oh yes. That reminds me. Mom said she will be back by Friday.So make arrangements to pick her up from airport" I informed him

"I know. I will" James said casually.

"How do you know?" I asked curious. Mom had called today morning telling about her plans, And had specifically told me to share it with only James. But I don't think she has told James or else why will she ask me to convey it to him. She was paranoid about something, but then she is lawyer. She has all kinds of client. One month back when she went ,she gave me keys to her office as usually, but this is first time that she seemed really troubled about it's safety.

"Uhh Sir , She called me as well and informed" James said quickly. There was something weird, but then he was weird anyway. I ignored him and came back inside. Tomorrow is going to be big surprise for Adria.

Adria's POV

"You told him about your real identity!!" James usual composed self went for a toss. I knew I had messed a bit and in today's call I was about to be bashed.

"I had to James!" I said but James cut me off

"How many times have I told you not to take names in this call" he scuffled. Something was putting him over edge. He is usually cool even under extreme pressure.

Greg spoke " I have double secured the line. I am monitoring if someone can listen us on this line or not. We are safe for now"

James let out a sign and spoke calmly this time " You cannot tell them your real identity. They can trace you back. DO you understand?"

"Of course I understand. I am not an idiot, But if you think about it, its good thing. As you know there is going to be pool party. If by chance someone recognizes me, he will go to Sean saying, hey.. she is Meia not Adrai and Sean still will not be susceptible " I tried explaining my logic. Only thing was I did not tell him my real identity because of this reason. In fact I did not get to know about pool party until Greg called me after I left Sean's place. But I wanted to be true with Sean at some level. To start to get to know him as true self.

James thought for a minute" Okay, but you are not going to be in pool party. You will act like a help. You cannot dress in your swim suite. One look at your body and he will know something is wrong. Do you understand?" He was talking to me like a retard.

"YES I UNDERSTAND" I repeated his words

"Sean's Mother will be back on Friday. That leaves you with just two more days. Where are you two with your search?" James asked from us.

"I have checked his school and gym locker. There are no keys in there" Greg stated

"I have checked the house, did not see anything out there in open. May be I need to get it out of Sean where he has hid the key" I said

"Yes. You know how to do that. Chances are that locked room has the gun I am looking for. Find it and throw it. Once we go In with our plan, we don't want our rivals to get their hands on Guns." James spoke tactically

"Ok, I will get it out of Sean, But about the gun. Why can't I just keep it with me?" I asked

"Because, tomorrow you will be taking your own guns, both of you. There is going to be big crowd at pool party. Anything can happen."

A little shiver went inside my spine, But not of fear. I have played plenty with guns, but the fact that I have to get close to Sean to get keys from him. My heart was already racing. I was about to play the game I could lose myself in, and I did not liked to lose.