Tick Tock Tick Tock

****Authors note******

Thanks to the people who are liking this series. I will keep it short and crisp, but gear up for the shocking revelation and more twist and turns. Enjoy Reading

*****3rd POV*******

Greg flung Opened the Last closed door and pointed the gun at empty room. Ricky was not there. And before he could realize the set up...

Zoop! A bullet came gushing into his right hand and he dropped the Gun which slid into the pool. Zoop! Another one and it hit his left thigh as he crashed to the ground. He looked up at the Window at Ricky's room and saw Meia standing there. It had gone perfectly as Meia had planned. Just as she came inside through kitchen she gave she had given Ricky all clear sign and Ricky tiptoed in his room; waiting for Meia to join him. Meia joined Ricky in his room as Greg who had searched Ricky's room will not come back to the same spot for checking rather trace back their wet steps to outside and fall right into her trap.

She stood there contemplating whether to kill Greg or not. Could she hold him hostage to get out the finer details out of him about the real master mind behind it? She knew for sure that Greg was just a pawn in this whole set up and until she catches the master mind Blade's family will never be safe.

But can she contain Greg until some help arrives at home? She clocked her gun as she pointed at Greg's for final shot, but then a faint crack sound from the bottom stairs is caught by her ultra-alerted sense and she pulls Ricky carefully into the next room and hid inside the closet.

This was Amanda's master bedroom, The Blind room which had no window to monitor at the pool side. She peeped a little to see if she can make her way to Sean's room but a shadow has already appeared at the turn of the corridor which connected stairs to the second floor. She slides back quietly and joined Ricky in the Closet.

Her mind raced through the possibilities. She had locked the front door from inside, so only Four people could access it . Greg who is half dead near pool, Sean and Amanda, who was in hospital last she knows, James who could be anywhere and Jessica, who she knew nothing about. It could be anybody; a friend or a foe. But the logical fact was, this person has traced her position from the gun shot that she fired at Greg and was now coming to get her silently. It was a foe then. She assumed he was alone, but she was wrong. And now she had given away her position. She looked at the clock . It was half past nine. Time was ticking away .

--------*******------

James had never been wrong in his whole life. Something he felt proud about. But he had grossly underestimated Meia this time. And it had cost him heavily. He did not understand why Meia did not told about the killer in their conference call. Now he knew that she had probably recognized Greg and since Greg was also in our conference call, she had kept quite. He had let that hint slip. But he would not let one mistake ruin his entire plan. As soon as Sean locked him in the room he has jumped out of the window and landed on trash cans. His low paid security service had trained him for small stunts if nothing else. He took his Bike, which could pass in jammed road like a hawk. But neither Sean nor James noted as James crossed over their car and headed for the home. James looked at his clock. It was half past eight. Time was ticking away.

--------******----------

"This does not make sense; You are saying you trust no one? Why not James?" Amanda asked for the nth time as they struggled to pass through the traffic on the rainy day.

"I don't know mother, maybe I am wrong. Let's see, you said that you and Adam got this case three years back. And the threats begin after you found the new evidence which was bullet. If Meia did not kill me it means there could have been someone who was with me since last three years. " He stressed to make out sense "Who was Ricky's care taker at the time?"

"No one, I and Adam were working from home, so we had no care taker." Amanda replied recalling the time.

"What was different three years back?" Sean stressed even as his stiches ached with leaking blood. And then it hit him " It was Greg. He joined School three years back and became my friend."

"You are saying that Greg is the infiltrator?" Amada's eyes were tensed. Ricky had come to trust Greg. He could easily take advantage of this. She thought.

"I think so" But that's the last thing that was going in Sean's mind. Because now he remembered precisely how they became friends. And now his head was throbbing more.

---------******----------

A tall figure Stepped into the corridor which was impossible to cross without getting noticed. Meia had to hide exactly where she was and just hope for a good shot. She was not even sure if she would have to shoot or call for help. This was the test of her instincts that her life had trained her for.

The door of the room next to her opened. She could sense soft steps walking around the Ricky's room, scanning it thoroughly, and then the steps moved to Sean's Room. Meia pulled Ricky over to the side, shielding him from any direct hit if at all. The steps stopped in front of Amanda's room, where they hid.

Door opened and calm steps entered the room. It was still tough for Meia to figure out who it really was. A body covered in rain coat and a hat gave nothing away from its identity. For all She know it could be Sean walking in it.
The figure turned to face the closet Meia and Ricky were hiding in and in a sudden thunderstorm the face of the tall figure lit in the dark exposing the identity. Meia quickly covered Ricky's mouth as he attempted to call out in relief , Just because he knew the person so well. But next instant He saw the person pointing gun at the empty walls and he retreated back besides Meia. Finally Meia now knew the master mind. She looked at the clock, it was ten.

------*****------

It's getting closer!! Can you guess who is it people??

Do vote and comment if you like this series.

*******----****