There shall be light!

The tall figure began searching the room; it was matter of time before they would be found. Meia carefully pulled Ricky in front. This was the bet she had to make with her life. She was ready to take the bullet if it came to them, but right now Ricky had to be her shield, because she knew that the person holding the gun might think twice before shooting Ricky than her. She could see a Pair of dark eyes approaching them, searching in the dark. Before the closet door could fling open, Sudden bright white lights came flashing inside the whole house.

Somebody had flipped open the flood light from the pool side and the little light filtered inside the room from the corridor. Meia was still in the dark as none of the windows in this room faced towards pool, but rather to the outside city.

In next second the person in front of them was gone. Distracted by the light. And this was her Chance, The only chance. She pulled Ricky close and walked through the empty corridor aiming to slip by the main door. As she came down from the stairs and looked in living area, She saw the same person facing her back, looking at the flood lights, trying to find the switch in the dark to shut them out. She darted towards the Exit door with Ricky on the side and as She flung opened it, James stood there shocked in Rain. In a shock Ricky screamed and before it could be stopped all the faces were lit in the flood light and the guns were pointed at each other in the living area.

It was Meia, James and Adam; Sean's Stepfather.

------*****------

Sean and Amanda were now very near to their house. But Sean feared what or rather who he would see in the house, as he remembered who had actually introduced him to Greg.

It was a sunny day at college but Sean's mood was off as Adam was there to visit them. He somehow never liked the guy very much. He felt something was up with him and never understood the reason his mother married him. James had accidentally parked the car little far away from the school and Sean was walking towards it as he saw Adam talking to a Boy. Adam saw Sean and suddenly his expression changed, but he managed to pull a smile which Sean always thought to be pretentious. He called him over and introduced him to Greg.

"He is Greg, Transfer student. I am sponsoring for his studies, you know as a good deed of the day "Adam gave a ridiculous laugh.

"Anyway," he continued" He is in same class as you. Why don't you show him around huh.." Adam gave a proud smile and went off in his car. For all Sean could care he hated Greg as well, but Greg soon became his best pal by simply saying that he hated Adam as well and only reason Greg took Adam's help because he needed money.

The Trick played, as Greg used Sean's hatred for his father to bond with him and entre the inner circle. Poor Greg Sean would think as he saw Greg rounding about Jessica foolishly. Foolish people are rarely a suspect and hence it was perfect cover for Greg.

But now three years after Sean had realized how deep this horror was. Their car parked right outside the house and which appeared like a haunted one. Pitch darkness outside and flood light beaming through the windows.

---****---

It had been always horrible life for Adam. The mediocre life he used to live. But for Amada, her second wife, it was everything she every wanted; A small family with two kids. He could become so much more than that, he wanted to become so much more, And then , like a blessing ,this special case came right into his lap. Amanda was little resistant to take this, but Adam convinced her that it will be good for them. And before long, they were spending hours and hours away from their kids, who needed their parents most.

Adam had negotiated with the convicted party to sabotage the case for a huge sum of money. He tried to pursue Amanda initially but she stood her ground of righteousness. Foolish Lady. He thought. But what could he do, She was already too involved with the case and had started sharing her secrets with James. The one person Adam could not remove from their life , as Amanda trusted him dearly.

So Adam's master mind came up with a plan. He would introduce Greg to James as an undercover body guard for his sons. This will serve two purpose, one Greg will be looped in any secret going on between James ,Amanda or Sean.And second, James will never suspect that it is Adam himself who is danger to the family. Greg has proved very useful to him , letting out all the secrets. It was going all well until an unknown source gave Amanda incriminating evidence. But she would not give Adam any details . Poor lady feared that letting know anybody will be threat to their life.So Adam begin faking Threats and finally Amanda in a moment of weakness told Ricky to take care of the Gun in her office. Since Greg was tracing all the calls with James, now it was matter of time before Greg would bring in the evidence to him.

But Dam this Meia, Dam this Girl who interfered and took away the gun first. He had never seen her but he imagined her much more Mature than she looked right now.

So innocent, So pretty . May be that's what played in her advantage. He thought even as he pointed his Gun at her.

------*****---

For Meia it was a very disadvantageous position. All the Guns were pointing at her. James standing in her right pointed at her and Adam standing in front pointing at her. Ricky was hugging him giving her a small cover against any danger. At least she knew that none of them will shoot with Ricky at her side.

May be I should point the gun at Ricky. She thought for a faint second and then decided against it. She knew James would never trust her if she did anything like that. And right now, James was her only hope.

***********************

Author' note: Kudos to all those who guessed it right.

But don't yet give up on the thrill, there are more twists than you can anticipate.

Vote/Comment if you like

*************************