A Test

Jessica Repeated again like she was talking to a retard "Yes Sean , she has a CRUSH on you"

I looked at her baffled" That is pure rubbish. And mind it I'm not the one to leave any opportunity to be flattered" I walked out to the pool area to join Greg.

"She does Sean, it's a girl thing and only girls can spot it" she sat next to Greg who was now between me and Jessica. Jess gave sandwiches to each one us.

"Listen Jess, frankly I have much more experience in telling who has crush on me, for god sake that's the one thing I can bet my life on" I took a bite out of the sandwich.

"Wow she makes mean sandwich man" I spoke as cheese melted in my mouth.

She raised an eyebrow at me then turned to Greg "Greg, Tell him that Adria has crush on him " She spoke authoritatively, Greg instantly looked at me .

"Dude Adria likes you. And yes this is really Good sandwich man" Greg took another big bite. I looked at him disgustingly. What a wimp. He just shrugged back apologetically.

"Jess, I stood there in front of her in towel this morning and all she looked at was the broken glass on the floor. She has absolutely no interest in me. I would go to the extent of saying that she is a lesbian. I mean no one can ignore this abs" I said pointing to my well-toned abs.

Jess exhaled "yes yes, Your majesty is all Tall and dark and handsome, with perfect abs and all. BUT it is when the girl desperately ignores you, is that she likes you most. Not every girl is like our high school girls who throw themselves at you."

"I'm sorry babe, I don't agree with you there" I simply stated and turned back to face the pool.

She frowned and then suddenly smiled excitedly as if an idea clicked in her mind.

"Ok tell you what, you try this. Try to be alone with her and then just as in the manner of a causal good bye lean in for a peck on her cheek. If she totally freaks out at that and resist it like you are about to kiss on lips, then She has a Crush on you. And I hope I don't have to explain you the logic behind it" She spoke like an expert. Greg turned towards me all confused. Jess and I shared a pity look at him.

"Let me break it down for you" I turned toward him to educate on the topic." If a girl is thinking about you all day and night, and suddenly one day, you proceed to touch her, she assumes that you are going to kiss her. Because that's what she has been thinking about all day and night. Just like you get all jumpy when Jessica tries to touch you" I spoke even before I realized what I have done.

Jess's eyes turned wide as she looked at me and then at frozen Greg

"Joke guys, A Sarcastic Joke" I casually covered it up and jess rolled her eyes at me and relaxed back.

Greg was obviously still frozen. I looked at the sky above. Small drizzle had already started .How the hell was Adria going to start back to her home in this rain. I should not have kept her late. A strange feeling of concern clouded me and in next instant was replaced with a devil's Idea.

"I can drop her home tonight!" I gave my wicked smile and Jess caught on it instantly. Greg was obviously still frozen.

"Awesome idea!" Jess gave a quick high five as we came inside.

" We should leave you two alone if you want your idea to work" Jess Said picking up her stuff from the kitchen slab.

Greg looked at me "Hey Listen, I don't think you should mess this thing up with Adria. She looks pretty good person. And I have never seen Ricky taking so well to anyone apart from Adria. " He spoke hesitantly. Considering Greg was a late entry in our gang we always gave his opinion least importance. Not that he minded it but this time his words made sense.

"Hey I'm not going to fuck this up Dude. I'm just going to see if she likes me and leave it at that" I just shrugged. Truth was I wanted to know desperately that I have same effect on her as she has on me. It was driving me crazy. And it had been just one day.

Jess turned towards Greg before leaving "Are you sure you are ok, DO you want to come over my place until your mom comes back" She spoke concerned. Greg looked at her perplexed and I could hardly contain my laughter.

"Uhh I'm Fin.. ne . No Thank you "Greg was trying hard to make sense out of it but I doubt he will ever figure out that I told jess, that he suffers from terrible nightmares when his mom is not around.

Jess gave a small smile and stepped inside her car.

"Tell me how it goes " She blew a kiss at us and I could see Greg blush. He quickly turned towards his car " I guess I should be leaving too"

They pulled their car out and drove away. Thundering had already started. It was going to be a heavy rain. And suddenly the realization that I will be with her in this rain again gave me a warm feeling. The one I never felt.

A/N : Don't forget to Vote and comment.