Unexpected

I drove back home ,hoping she would still be around. There was something about her naive and innocent way .Not like Linda types, the super sexy ones eager to ride in your Mercedes and too easy to sleep with.

I looked outside as it got cloudy.

"Damn, rains again" I grumbled under my breath. I opened the doors to my living room to find an eerily quiet house. A Panic ran through me. House has never been this quiet since Ricky was born. Was he not home yet! Did this Care Taker screwed picking him up?

"Ricky!" I yelled out as I went in kitchen and then to the backyard. No one was there .

I yelled again " Ricky!" this time panicked at the thought of where Ricky was, when suddenly I heard a muffled voice from the corner of the living room sofa. I carefully went to look behind it and before I could peep, I was pulled down in a quick shift behind the sofa.

"Shh we are playing Hide and Seek" Ricky whispered in my ears ducking behind the sofa.

Did I miss something in Last 7 hours of my life? Last time I saw them he was running for her throat and now they are playing hide and seek. What's going on?

"here you are !!" Adriana suddenly caught us from behind and picked up Ricky in her arms swinging him across the room.

Ricky was all giggly and shrieking from excitement of being caught, which was strange, because he never likes to be caught. In fact never liked to be touched or treated like a Kid.

She Placed Ricky on the Sofa and turned towards me "Good evening "her carefree smile touching her eyes. I could feel myself suddenly responding with the same smile "Good evening"

What the heck!! Since when did I start giving formal greetings! " Wat's Up!" I quickly recovered and walked past her to the kitchen table.

She looked in much better State then morning. She had changed in her same old clothes which she wore the day I saw her on the street. Probably just did not have any other clothes but She looked beautiful in these rag clothes as well. And realized I have thought beautiful not sexy.

She came to kitchen with Ricky walking behind her like a puppy.

"Let's play another round. You hide" he said all giggly. Something was seriously wrong. Ricky would never give any other a kid chance to hide in hide and seek.

" No, lets finish up with your Dinner and then I am going to read you a story and we will call it a day"

She ruffled his hair acting like a strict teacher but still smiled spread across her innocent face.

Room was spinning around me. I looked at Ricky with my mouth open as she served her guacamole salad with peas and carrots and he ate till his plate was clean and then kept it in the sink. Was it some kind of prank?

"Would you like to have the same thing Sir? "she turned her gaze at me and I was instantly locked in those brown eyes.

"Chocolate," I said without realizing I was saying how her eyes felt like.

"What??" She asked looking at me confused.

I turned to Ricky instantly " I mean Ricky, no chocolate tonight' the worst cover up ever. Ricky looked at me with his brows furrowed.

I turned toward Adria "Some of my friends are coming, can you make something for them" I find myself genuinely requesting.

She gave a nervous look at her watch and then outside at the cloudy sky and then proceed to take a heavy sign before retuning her legendary smile at me.