Laying the Trap

I came back to the kitchen and sat next to Ricky on the chair, who was watching over Aria from behind the huge newspaper.

"What do you think, how long this one will last?" I asked under my breath

"I don't have much hope.She does not look competent enough" He spoke seriously eyeing her.

I looked at him impressed" I value your evaluation.Still, let's give her a week or so. What do you say?" I added casually.

He gave out a heavy sigh and nodded his head in slight agreement. My plan was already working . All I had to do was to turn Ricky against her and then be there when she come to me with all her woes. But this was even simpler than I thought. Ricky already hated her. And knowing him, he is going to give miss Adria a tough time by the end of the day.

I looked at her as she stood there making breakfast from the weekly list shared by Mom. She rushed from cabinet to cabinet searching for god knows what. I could have helped her if I knew where things were kept. Any such day when we are in the crisis of not having a cook in our kitchen, there was always door delivery from one of our favorite restaurants.

Her confusion was almost funny. She had pulled out every container out from each shelf and  Had stumbled twice on her own feet almost falling face down. She bit her lips as he smelled the bacon on the pan. My heart took a hitch.

Patient Sean. They will be yours very soon. I thought as I sharply inhaled.

It was already 7am. Ricky Looked at me with frustrated eyes and then turned toward her furiously.

"It's 7Am already. I am going to be late for school. Do you know how important is that? Obviously, you never went to one or you would have known" he spoke passive-aggressively.

"In a minute, Sir" she ignored the rude comment and carried on with her work. And suddenly her helpless eyes met mine " I wasn't expecting to begin right away" She shrugged her shoulders apologetically.

No way she is 20.Those innocent eyes do not look like someone 20-year-old. Maybe that was also part of her cover for the immigration. I will know soon. She might stay longer than I anticipate. The last one had tears by this time. And by the end of the week, she was in my arms, discussing all her woes, was little too easy for my taste. I again marveled my luck as I got back to get ready for school. I had plenty of time with her. The trap was already laid. It was just a waiting game.

I went to take the bath and came out in the towel, waiting for her to come up to pack Ricky's bag. After few minutes of aimlessly posing in front of the door, I finally gave up. She must probably be still searching her way through the kitchen.

Before I could step out of my towel a loud shriek came out of the kitchen. It was Ricky's. Normally that would send me rushing down, but I knew this shriek. This was a Fake shriek.

I smiled within as I pretended to rush down in just towel and halted in front of kitchen.

"What happened? Are you ok Ricky?" I stood next to his chair  .The floor was covered with broken glass of milk.

I looked at Ricky and he gave me a known grin.

"She is just so clumsy." He turned towards her" Look what have you done. There is milk all over me. Are you deliberately trying to hurt me miss?" Ricky  looked with contempt  in his eyes.

She stood there frozen looking at broken glass on the floor "I'm so sorry sir, I will clear it at once."

"And I suppose you would then pack my school bag and get my clothes ready?" He looked at her as she bends down to pick up those pieces.

"Sure sir," She said without looking up

"Don't bother, you are useless"  he stormed outside and gave me a small high-five under the table.

I leaned over the table looking at the mess on the floor.

Damn , is it really going to be this easy? 
She hurriedly started cleaning it. I was pretty sure she would have her eyes welled up by now, but it was tough to see with her looking down.
"I am sorry, Ricky can be little handy at times," I said moving over to face her, giving her full view of my body.

She simply looked up at me and gave a genuine smile"It's okay. Even I would be angry if I get new nanny every time I want my mom". I was taken aback.

In an instant, she understood what was going inside Ricky better than I could.She had no Tears. Not even a sign of sadness or anger.Just those brown eyes glittering at me. I stepped closer not realising I was about to step on the broken glass

"Careful" she pushed me back as she accidentally stepped on the broken glass and slipped on the milk .She winced under her breath.

"Are you ok?" I grabbed her hand  as she slipped into my arms.A strange scent from her body flew in the air. Not of any perfume, something like a warm rainy day. I wanted to just bend down a little to get more of it and suddenly felt her pushing me off.

Her eyes fixed on the ground.

"I am fine, I have shoes on. You are barefoot. Move back"   I realised she had not paid any attention to my bare body. Her eyes wandering across the kitchen to find something to clean it.

I did not know what it was that was pulling me so much towards her. Maybe I was being ignored for the very first time. Nobody had been able to ignore me, not with my perfect body all out there.

I took my steps back, still registering what had happened. I walked Up to my room as I saw Ricky getting ready by himself. He smiled and ran towards me

"I think she will be out by the end of today. I will call mom . She will have to come down now" He said all smiley eyed and I remembered Adria's words again.

Guilt gripped my heart. I was using my little brother to get the girl ,who understood him better than me. I am a monster.

And instantly got over it. She is doing it for money. There is nothing like care without a cause.

" Okay , I am going to get dressed and then we are going to get you ready for school. I will drop you today.  " I smiled at him  as he ran back and packed his school bag.

I came back to room realising this girl might need a new type of trap.It was already becoming interesting for me.

******Author's Note************88

Don't forget to vote/like if you like this series !