The CareTaker

I got up and went into Ricky's room. He was fast asleep. I remember when I used to curl up in mom's lap at bedtime. She would gently kiss my forehead as she places me on the bed and read all those stories.

Then she remarried and we got Ricky. I hated him initially , but then it was just me and him left.I had little chance to resist when he used to run to me for his every problem.

He never got the chance to get that much attention from mom as me.It's strange how things can change with money.With a stroke of the luck ,my parents became the most sorted out lawyers in the city and with that their time became the most costly commodity.Not that I complain. I have an awesome life.Cars , girls , party, and with good looks, you don't need to flaunt your money often.

James stood there on the porch as I stepped outside in the sun.

"The new caretaker for Ricky will he here any minute," He said passively. If anything I can call James as my family. Discreet and loyal . I never had to worry about stuff around home, not that I knew the stuff around the home anyway.

"A new caretaker? what happened to Kimmy" I asked

"She left" He was terse. There was no use getting into the details anyway. She was cute but rude to ricky, so I did what I had to do. Break her heart, but the pleasure was all mine. I could sense a wry smile spread on my lips at the memory of the night she literally begged not to break up.

"Ok, I need you to track down a person , at this address" I handed him a piece of paper. He responded without looking at it.

"The one from last night?" He spoke sans any expression. I like his non-judgmental face.

"Yes, that same one," I said turning into the kitchen as James left instantly. I did not care much about her, the sooner I get her, the sooner she will be out of my system.I do not like any thoughts regarding girls to linger in my mind for long. Not that she looks tough. But there was something about her. I think I would call that something as "Stupid". SO stupid that I almost feel sorry for her vulnerability.Given her figure she will not be left alone,that is if she is not taken already.

There was a small jealous pang in my heart. Why do I care? For all, I know she will be in my arms before I could lay my eyes on her.

"Hi Sean" Ricky came in the kitchen still dressed in his night pants.

"hey sleepy head, I heard kitty left" I said. His face split into a wide smile as his innocent eyes lit

" Really? Did she? I thought she will never leave

"How can that happen? I always have your back bro" I gave him a fist bump

" And I will have your back" he smiled fist bumping mine in style. Even as a five-year-old, he had his attitude in right place.

The bell rang in the main hall .

"That must be your new caretaker. Right at the breakfast time" I jumped up from the kitchen slab and walked towards the door.

"A new one, Already? I thought Mom would come until I get a new one" His face fell. I could not come to tell him that she was only in our emergency contact , but not having a nanny was hardly an emergency for her.

"Hey cheer up, you just let me know if you don't like this one either. I will take care" I ruffled his hair. But I could see that he already hated his new nanny.

I went outside and opened the door. A small and thin figure stood with her back to the door. And before I could sense a familiarity of her curves she turned in a swift motion to face me.

"Hello , Is this the house of Mrs. Amanda Blade ?" A familiar smiling face looked at me and I froze in my ground.

She looked even more beautiful in the sunlight. He curly black hair brushed across her  face and rolled into deeper curls till waist.I suddenly found myself smiling at her, catching that contagious smile.

"Yes that's me," I said not understanding what I just said

"Uhh you are Mrs Amanda Blade?" She spoke again in her cute accent raising an eyebrow at me. Thoses perfectly arched dark black eyebrows.

" Uhh no i meant , this is her house", I said clearing my voice to add little husk

"And you are?" I asked leaning on the door giving her full feel of my perfect body.

"I am  AdriaThomas. I am to start as new nanny for her youndest son. Ricky Blade?" She read out from a peice of a small torn piece of paper.

  I could not belivele my luck. she just fell right inmy trap. I did not even have to track her down.It was too easy to be true.

I quickly got a grip on my beliwwdered state of mind

"Come in. You are in right place"   i left the door opened and turned back inside without giving her further attention. she should not know of the affect she just had on me.

"Are you her youngest son?" She asked as she stepped in with her heavy bag strap back pulled across her chest.That beautiful chest. I shrugged my head to keep thoughts at bay and realized she had just assumed me as someone needed to babysit.

what the hell. do i like someone needing a baby sitting? i turned back and looked her staright in the eye.

"NO" i replied and turned back. She neverously follwed me to the kitchen .

"He is The youngest son. Ricky" I gestured at ricky in introduction.

Ricky frowned at her. She stopped in her tracks

"Uhh Hi Ricky" she smiled weakly at him. I could see her clutching the bag tighter in nervousness.

"You can not call me by name. Address me as sir" Ricky retorted rudely. I almost choked with laughter as i saw her face turn red with embarrassment

"Sorry Sir, Shall i make you breakfast?" she recovered quickly.

"You may" Ricky sat on the high chair near the counter picking up Local newspaper, pretending he understood every bit of the share market in those papers.

I grinned at him from the cornor of my eyes. Ricky winked back at me from behind the newspaper.This boy is going to have some fan following once he grows up.

Adria quickly turned towards the stove and started exploring the kitchen.

Another bell rang at the door. that must have been james.

That was fast . I thought as i opened the door and found james satnding there all attentive.

"I have got her details sir" He said as i came outside and closed the door behind me .

"Never mind. She is here. her name is Adria Thomas" I added causally. He looked at me for a brief moment seemingly little confused .

" I have different information. She is Reia Jain. She is 20 year old student enrolled in New york College of engineering " he paused to read further "Agency that has hired her to work as nanny won't provide her passport details.My guess. She is illegal immegrant"

I stood there absorbing the details. She definately does not look a day older than 17 at most. Full marks for that. And illegal immigrant. That piece of information has just given me all the power i could ever wish for on her

"Thanks James. That will be all"  I smiled as i turned back  to go inside.

"David will take you to the school today. I am going back to agency to replace Miss Reia. Madam would not want an illegal immigrant working in our house" James said and turned back to his car

"No wait" i stopped him " Don't. I will tell Mom myself . You don't need to do anything about it. Understood?" I said almost in a manner of dissmisal as he waked back without further discussion.

I came inside back and looked at Miss Adria working her way through the kicten.My mind smiled at the evil plan i had for her. Oh this is going to be so interesting.

*******Author's note*****************

Please vote if you like to read more. English is not my first langauage. Pardon my Mistakes if you find any. Otherwise do comment and vote if you enjoy the plot and twists .!