Chapter 6

After we finished our drinks, we headed home. We finally arrived at Dan and Phil's house.

"Oh my god, Dan!" Phil burst out.
"What?" Dan asked.
"We need to decorate the house and put up the tree!"

"Of course!" Dan agreed. I jumped up and down a little.
"Can i help?" I asked hopefully.
"No," Dan said sarcastically. "We're going to do this and you have to go back to your apartment and wait alone while we do it."

I play punched him on the shoulder. He just shrugged.
"Like you could hurt me, you're so tiny and adorable."
Then I blushed. And Dan blushed. I blushed harder. Phil was watching us.

"Alrighty then!" He said, breaking the awkward silence. "Lets decorate!"

It turned out Phil had been stashing the Christmas decorations in the bottom of his wardrobe for about a month, so we got them and the tree out.

Dan and Phil had a bit of trouble putting up the tree while I danced around happily to the Christmas music I put on, scattering tinsel and sparkles everywhere.
When they finally finished with it, i joined them to put on baubles, fairy lights and a star on the top. We stood back to admire our masterpiece.
"It is done." Phil exclaimed.
"It is." Dan nodded.
"CHRISTMAS!" I exploded, throwing out more tinsel.

We decided to play Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, since we had some spare time.

I bounced onto the sofa in the lounge and settled in the sofa crease next to Dan. I picked up the Wii U and we began to play.
"As the most manly here," Phil stated, "I will obviously be Donkey Kong."
Dan and I looked at Phil.
"I am!" He insisted, beating his chest.
We just rolled our eyes.
"I'll be Dixie ." Dan selected his character. I giggled.
"I'll be Diddy then."

Time skip: later that night

I yawned, then put a Tangy Cheese Dorito in my mouth. "Yummy!" I said to Phil. "Cheesy!"

Phil cringed away. Dan picked out a Dorito too and popped it in his mouth. Phil threw down his controller.
"I can't take it anymore!" Phil burst out. But then he started to laugh.

I laughed with him, then yawned again. "I think I'll go home. I'm pretty tired." I admitted.
"Ok. Bye then." Phil said.
"Night." Dan waved at me as i left.
"See ya tomorrow!" I answered.

When i reached my apartment door, i went inside. I scrolled tumblr for a while, then got my pjs on. I brushed my teeth and removed my makeup.
I slipped into bed and tried to settle to sleep. I dozed off.

Time skip: the middle of the night

~Eleanor's dream~

I curled up in the corner of the doorless room, cowering away from the huge figure that was advancing on me.

"Josh, please... I'm s-sorry-" tears streamed down my face.
"Sorry doesnt change anything!" Josh yelled immediately. "You fucking deserve this you know! You lying little bitch..." And with that, all i felt was pain, and all i heard was my scream, before i blacked out.

~end of dream~

I woke up, breathing heavily. My hand reached up to my cheeks, they were wet. I swallowed.

There was a thud. I jumped. I felt so vulnerable.

That was when i fully grasped that i was alone in my apartment. Did i lock my door? Was that someone coming up the stairs? I closed my eyes tight and rocked myself back and forward, but it didn't stop the tears falling.

There was only one person who could help me now. The one person who could make me feel safe. Creeping out of bed,I put on my slippers. I quietly left my apartment. I knocked on the door of the opposite door. No one answered. Was it just me, or was there something there? I was too scared to stay out in the dark corridor. Luckily the door was open. I entered.