Chapter 20

~ Ellie's pov ~

I felt tears brimming in my eyes and broke away from Dan, running all the way to my apartment, turning around after locking the door and sliding down it. I put my head in my hands as tears slid down my cheeks. What on earth is wrong with me?! I ran a hand through my hair, suddenly realising how ill I felt. I fucking hated this time of the month.

I got up, breathing deeply, and went to the kitchen. I filled and boiled the kettle, then searched for some sort of paracetamol to calm the headache that was making me feel dizzy and the stomach pain that made me want to curl up into a ball and cry. I finally found a box. After a quick look at the instructions, i popped out two tablets and went back over to the kettle. In a mug i made some chamomile tea. I swallowed the tablets with the tea as I went into the lounge. A big fluffy grey jumper was laid out on an arm of the sofa so I pulled it on over my t shirt. I curled up in a ball in the armchair, sipping at my hot tea and feeling drowsy. I eventually placed my mug on the floor and dozed off.

~Dans PoV~

"What have I done?" I panicked. I paced back and forth in front of Phil. I had made Ellie cry. What was wrong? Was it me? Is she okay? Thoughts zoomed around my head like race cars.

"Dan, hold on a second-"

"Is she ill? Was she like this earlier? Did she say anything to you? Is she-"

"Dan!" Phil interrupted me and i stopped abruptly, standing directly in front of him. "She's probably fine, stop worrying." He turned around and put the kettle on.

"Girls are like this." Phil said in an all-knowing tone. "Take it from me."

I just stood thinking until Phil passed me a cup of tea. I smiled my thanks.

"So has she been okay the rest of the day?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.

"She mentioned feeling a bit ill earlier but I thought it went away. We filmed two videos." Phil shrugged, bringing his steaming mug of coffee up to his mouth and taking a sip.

"I don't understand?" I said.

"No one understands girls. I know its mean to put them all under a stereotype but- just trust me alright? She's probably fine. Give her some alone time and go ahead with your plan."

I nodded. Something felt wrong. Something in the air. But nothing could go wrong, not today or tomorrow or- I sighed. I had to take Phil's advice. Stop worrying so much, calm down relax. She's fine. Eleanor's fine.

~Kat's PoV~

I returned to Ellie's apartment to find her in it. It was strange, why wasn't she with the guys? As I went through to the lounge area, I saw a petite figure curled up in an armchair. Ellie. I dropped off my bags in the master bedroom quietly. I put the empty mug that was on the floor next to Ellie in the sink and decided to go over to see what the guys were doing. When i got there, I knocked on the door and it was opened by Phil.

"Hey Kat." He said, stepping out of the doorway so i could get through.

"Hi Phil."

"Do you want some tea? The kettle just boiled."

"Yes please." I leant against the wall as Phil clinked spoons and mugs.

"Thanks." I mumbled as Phil passed me my mug.

"You're welcome." Phil replied, and i took a sip of my tea.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"I don't really know." Phil
answered after a short pause. "Dan's gone to his room cos Ellie ran out of the apartment earlier. So at a guess, yes, something is wrong."