Chapter 15

There was nothing to say. My mother was gone. The woman who once sang me to sleep and put plasters on my cuts and plaited my hair oh so gently. She had been replaced by a beast with hate in her heart and venom in her words. And it was my fault.

I turned away from the door.
"Ellie?" Kat asked
I didnt say anything, I just started walking dragging my suitcase. Kat followed and we just walked for around ten minutes.
"Ellie, where are we going?"
"To your house." I answered. "We're going to pack your stuff and your going to move into my apartment. But for now we'll be staying in a hotel for the funeral and will-reading."
"Okay." Kat said, and we kept walking.

We reached Kat's house. She swallowed.
"Do you want to go in." She nodded. She opened the door and we went up to her room. While she packed, i called up the cheapest hotel I knew and booked a room with two single beds for a couple of nights.

Time skip: 9am

We arrived at the hotel. Kat had packed all of the stuff she wanted with her and she was now trailing two suitcases that included such important things as her laptop, favourite manga and sherlock Holmes boxsets, as well as 3ds, eevee plushie, and a scrapbook filled with photos of us. We checked in and dumped our stuff in our room. We both crashed onto our beds and slept for hours.

Time skip to 2pm

Kat's pov (new one)

I woke up shivering, with tears running down my face. I'd seen them die. I'd felt awful watching them die.

Eleanor started to stir. She saw my tears and ran over, stumbling a bit due to just waking up.

"What's wrong Kat? Are you hurt, did you..."
"El, I'm fine. Just a nightmare. I'll be fine."
"Okay, do you want a glass of water or..."
"Honestly, I'm fine, I just... I'll need some time to recover. "

Eleanor's PoV

She was being so brave, her courage and determination

*cough* detemmynation *cough cough hiccup* dammit

were showing. She reached to her bag and pulled a small fox plush out of it. I was trying to work out what it was, and what it would be called.

"Cute, what's its name?"

"You've never heard of eevee? Or pokemon? "
That's why it looked familiar, I'd heard of pokemon, but I'd never seen an eevee.
" So that's why it looks familiar. Can you show me some more pokemon?" I asked, genuinely wanting to learn from the pokemaster.

She got out her 3ds. "Time to learn about the world of pokemon."

3 hours later.

I'd never been so amused by little creatures fighting. Now it was 5, and we were both getting hungry.

"I'll order prizza," Kat said with a smile. Please say someone knows why I say prizza.  (dude, no one says prizza) yes they do, shut up, I'm writing this.

When the pizza got here, we ate, spoke about undertale, then went to sleep, knowing that tomorrow would be so much more sombre.

Time skip: the next day, 10am

Kat and I stood at the graves, dressed all in black. Kat let out a single tear. Other members of Kat's family were also there, and they kept telling her quietly how sorry they were for her loss. The priest kept going on about how they were not ready to leave this world, and how heaven had gained two angels too soon.
Everyone else left for the will-reading, but Kat and I stayed. The sky darkened over head.
"Kat, we, we better go. The will reading will be starting."
She nodded, and we headed back into the chapel.