Chapter 21

My eyes opened slowly, annoyed at the fact that my mind had decided to wake up. It was around half 11. Wow. I slept in a lot. I looked side to side, and I suddenly caught sight of a little note on my bedside table.
'Please read.'
I reached out my arm, fumbling around a little then picking it up. I brought it towards my face so i could see it, then unfolded it.

'Ellie, if you're reading this, then everything has gone horribly wrong.
Jk, it means that you're in for a surprise!
Look in the wardrobe! :P
Dan xx'

Curious, I got up and went to the wardrobe. I pulled open the doors. Inside was two black outfit bags.
A little piece of paper was taped on each.
I reached for the one on the left- 'Open this one first!'- and unzipped it.

Inside was a beautiful but casual outfit, with a top with a white crop bodice and lacy white half sleeves. Under it was a flowy navy blue skirt with a thin, black, patent belt.
I smiled, trying to contain my happiness as I detached and unfolded the note.
'Lou helped me pick out this outfit for you! I chose the top because you're always saying how you want to wear a lacy top but you couldn't pull it off- well you can! Just give it a try, I know you'll look amazing. I chose the skirt for you because you're always too afraid to wear skirts cos of your 'ugly' legs, no matter how often I tell you you're beautiful. I know you will look so pretty in this skirt, but if you are too self-conscious to, you could wear tights under it? If you don't like this outfit, look in the next bag!
Dan xx'

My heart soared in my chest. Dan picked this out, just for me? And the reasons he bought them- the entire thing made me melt. I decided to look in the second bag.

In there was a brand new pair of black jeans and a grey over-sized sweater with a a black glitter heart on it. It was so much like something I'd wear, Dan knew me so well.
The note read:
'Here's the second outfit! I know you love over-sized stuff so I picked one I thought you would like! And black jeans are the best, always. And you'll look great in whatever you choose!
Lotsa love (Don't kill me for being cheesy)
Dan xx'

I suddenly saw a pair of black chunky-heeled boots. I picked them up, and they were so awesome! I slipped my bare feet into them, and they were the most comfortable heels I'd ever worn. I felt something tickling my toes and so took them off again. I stuck my hand into the right one and found a slip of paper inside.
'If you don't like them then you can wear whatever you want!
Dan xx'

I decided to get dressed in the first outfit, as that is what Dan wanted me to wear. As i pulled the top over my head and straightened it out, i looked in the mirror and grinned. I couldn't believe that the person in the mirror was me. I twirled around, Dan and Louise did such a good job picking out this outfit.

There was just a little nagging voice in the back of my head- but i pushed it away.

I went back over to the bed, and saw that I had a message. It was from Kat.
'Hey Ellie! Be prepared for a lot of surprises today :P there's an uber coming for you in an hour, get some breakfast and get ready!'
I typed out a quick reply, excited.
'Okay!'
I walked through to the kitchen and got some cereal, feeling like a princess in my new outfit.
After browsing the internet for around 30 minutes, the butterflies in my stomach were apparently having a violent fight. I got up and went to put on my makeup.
I did it very carefully, then made my hair wavy with my curlers.
As I looked in the mirror, for the first time in my life, I felt pretty. I felt beautiful.
I packed up my mini leather backpack with the essentials, took my phone in my hand and left the apartment, locking the door behind me. I bounced down the stairs and out onto the street to see an uber pulling up outside our door.
The girl rolled down her window. "For... Eleanor Bretel?"
"Yup! That's me!" I beamed. I got in the car and we started driving.
"So, where are we headed?"
"Sorry, can't tell you that." She looked at me in the mirror.
"Oh. Why?"
"I was told to 'definitely under no circumstances tell you where we're going."
"Hm. Okay."