Chapter 18

Time skip(again, I'm sorry):The next day

Eleanor's PoV

I was sitting in the lounge with Kat and Phil when I decided to text Dan, who was in his room.
Ellie: Want to go out somewhere?
He replied immediately.
Bear: Outside?
Ellie: Yes outside
Bear: Hmm where
Ellie: Idk
Bear: Ice skating?
Ellie: Yes!
Bear: Kay, go and get ready then we'll go.
Ellie: Okay

I got up from where I was sitting.
"Me and Dan are going ice-skating." I stated to Kat and Phil. "Want to come?"
"Nah." Said Kat, not looking up from her phone. "I'd rather stay in."
"Up for a night in watching anime?" Phil asked Kat.
"Yeah, if we can have food." Kat answered.
"Well duh!" Phil scoffed. "What do you want?" They began to argue about what sort of food they would have. I left them to it and went to my apartment to get changed.

I put on a cozy, thick, cream oversized sweater over a random tank top i found. I pulled on some leggings and got my ugg boots before grabbing my leather backpack. Stuffing my purse, my phone and some gloves in the backpack, i looked for my bobble hat but couldnt find it. I shrugged and went back into Dan and Phils apartment without it.

Phil and Kat had finally decided on a meal and were thinking about which anime to watch first. Not looking, I bumped into Dan at the top of the staircase. I looked up at him, and he was smiling.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi." He said back.
"You look tiny in that jumper."
"You look huge in that coat."
Dan was wearing a black quilted Barbour jacket he got recently and some skinny black jeans.
"You like it then?" I asked, feeling the fabric around Dan's wrist.
"Uh, I dont know, its a bit too... Neat." He said, searching for the right word and not finding it.
"I know what you mean." I nodded. "Did you see my hat by the way, I can't find it."
"You mean, this hat?" Asked Dan, pulling it out of his pocket.
"Yeah, that one." I said, stretching my hand out for it. "Thanks-" but the hat was jerked out of my reach. Dan was holding it high above his head and smirking.
"Dan! I can't reach!"
"I know."
"But I can't get it!"
"I know that too."

I started to jump up, straining to grab the hat, but it was way too high. Dan was just too tall. I crossed my arms and pouted. He put the hat on my head and pulled it over his eyes.
"Cheeky." I said, pushing it up a little so I could see.
"Dork."
"Nerd."
"Smol bean."
"Tol bean."
"Lets stop." Dan said, holding out his hand for me.
"Good idea." I agreed, and took his hand. We walked downstairs, out of the apartment into early February cold.
"I told Phil and Kat we'd be back by 10." Dan said. It was around 6 now.
"Kay." I said, looking at my feet in their Ugg boots next to Dan's in his hi tops.
Dan kissed the top of my head.
"What was that for?" I asked looking up at his smiling face.
"Do I need a reason to kiss my girlfriend?"
I smiled back, then looked back on the ground.
"No." I answered.

We continued walking until we arrived at a leisure centre which had an outdoor ice rink.
"So uh, I should probably tell you I've uh, never been ice-skating before." I blushed.
"Really?" Dan said, surprised.
"Yeah, my parents didnt think it dignified and I didnt go with friends cos, well, i was embarrassed i would fall over."
"Huh." Dan said. "Well I've only been a couple of times anyway, so we'll both fall over together."
We each paid and got our ice skates. Walking up to the rink, i started to get nervous.
"Um, maybe you should go on first." I said, my breath forming swirls of mist in the cold air.
"Come on!" Dan said. He was already on the ice. "Ah, I'm getting my mad skillz for ice skating back now." He said, skating out a little but then sort of tripping. He caught the wall and laughed. I laughed too. "Not so much mad skillz then huh." I teased.
"Come on then." He said one he was stable again. He reached for my hands.
"I'm going to fall!" I half-shrieked, looking like Bambi clinging onto Dan.
He just laughed and put an arm around my waist.

We skated round a couple of times, then i did a little on my own before collapsing into Dan's arms. We both started to get the hang of it more and we were soon skating just holding hands, me no longer using Dan as a crutch. The sky began to get dark, and the rink emptied of kids. There was only a few couples left skating together, and the lights came on. They changed from sky blue, to midnight blue; from salmon pink to indigo. The stars came out and it seemed magical.
Unfortunately, before we knew it, our time was up. We handed in our skates and pulled on our normal shoes.
"Feels good to walk properly again, right?" I sighed, wiggling my toes in their Uggs.
"Yeah." Dan agreed and we walked out of the leisure centre hand in hand. "Where do you want to eat? I fancy some Japanese." Dan patted his stomach with his free hand.
"Yeah, i dont really mind."
"Cool." Dan answered.
We strolled along the streets, and I looked up at the stars.
"What do stars make you think of Dan?" I wondered.
"Well." He said, looking upwards too and pulling me to sit on a bench we were passing. "When I was alone, they just used to remind me of how insignificant we are in a huge universe." He looked at me. "It still does. But now I'm with you, I think that the planet has existed for billions of years, but I still managed to find you." He smiled and put his arm around my shoulders.
"It makes me think about New Years Eve, on the beach in Italy. I remember just thinking, when you kissed me, that my life was perfect, and I was with the one person who I loved most in the entire galaxy." I smiled back.

After a while of just sitting and stargazing, we went to a Japanese restaurant and ordered our meals. We just chatted and ate, then ate some more. On the way home, i began to feel sleepy, even though it was only half nine. When we got to Dan and Phil's apartment, i dumped my bag next to Dan's bed and collapsed on it. I rubbed my eyes, then closed them. I felt Dan carefully pulling my boots of my feet and taking my jumper off for me. I sat up a little to make it easier for him. Once i was just in my tank top and leggings, i lay back down, and Dan covered me with the duvet. Dan bent down to gently kiss my forehead.
"I love you, so much Dan."
"I love you way more." Dan whispered against my skin before straightening up.
He walked over to the door and reached for the lightswitch.
I fell asleep and the last thing i heard was the flick of the lightswitch, and a quiet voice.
"Goodnight."

Time skip: the next morning.

I awoke to find Dan sprawled on the bed next to me. His macbook was open on the floor and his earphones were tangled up. I looked at him, blinking to get the sleep out of my eyes. He was snoring very slightly, and his hair was curly. I smiled. He was adorable in his sleep.
I got up reluctantly and went into the kitchen. I made two cups of tea then selected one to drink. Kat and Phil were still asleep, i checked in the lounge and they had dozed off where they were sitting.
I headed back into Dan's room and set both mugs down on the side table. I got back into bed and ruffled Dan's hair.
"Go awayyy." Dan murmured, not opening his eyes.
"I brought you some tea." I said.
His eyes flickered open. I pointed to the two mugs on the bedside table.
"Thanks." He said, sitting up a little and picking up the mug.